no energy and tired all the time

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever your diet is like (if it's typical teenage junk) plus the medications, are probably most of this.

But none of us here are doctors. Get an appointment and let a real doctor analyze the situation. Life is more fun when you're wide awake and able to participate.

Yeah I stopped taking all the medications a couple of weeks ago. And I eat kinda healthy.I don't eat chips, soda but I do have candy everyonce in awhile. And I went to a doctor and they said I have some kind of a heartbeat (forgot what she called it). But she said not to worry about it.

I am only 13 years old, and it seems like I always am tired, have no energy and it is hard for me to concentrate. I hate it, like at school I would have no energy to do anything, even talk to my friends. And another thing is I sometimes feel light headed but I think that is from allergies. Do think having a lack of something could be causing me to be so tired? Or do you think allergies cause all this?

100 years ago when I was your age I had the exact same problem. And it was my allergies. Your body produces so many anti-histamines during allergy season it makes you super tired and sleepy. Allerest or whatever medicine you take also contributes. It's possible that you may one day outgrow your allergies. I hope you do. ?

Well, if you think something is wrong then there probably is. It could be something as simple as not eating enough. We already know your age. If you tell me how tall you are and how much you weigh I can give you an estimation of how many calories you should be consuming every day. All you would have to do is keep a food log for a few days and you would have a pretty good idea as to whether or not you are meeting your caloric needs.

100 years ago when I was your age I had the exact same problem. And it was my allergies. Your body produces so many anti-histamines during allergy season it makes you super tired and sleepy. Allerest or whatever medicine you take also contributes. It's possible that you may one day outgrow your allergies. I hope you do. ?

Since you don't have the symptoms early in the year I agree with Slowmo, it's probably your allergies. I always get real drained in the spring time and for a long time couldn't figure out why. Then I went and got an allergy shot and my energy level inproved. I get a shot once or twice a year and take allergy medicine everyday this time of year. Ask to get tested, and you can see how bad you are. They'll poke you a hundred times, but it's worth it. I'm allergic to anything thats green ? .

Well, if you think something is wrong then there probably is. It could be something as simple as not eating enough. We already know your age. If you tell me how tall you are and how much you weigh I can give you an estimation of how many calories you should be consuming every day. All you would have to do is keep a food log for a few days and you would have a pretty good idea as to whether or not you are meeting your caloric needs.

I am "5"9" and 130 lbs. I am athletic so I am not fat.

I am "5"9" and 130 lbs. I am athletic so I am not fat.
With this information we can estimate your daily caloric need. I would suggest tracking your calories for a week and see how close you are to meeting your numbers. Using two different equations I estimate your Basal Metabolic Rate (the approximate number of calories required by the body at complete rest) to fall between 1663 and 1685 calories per day. If we multiply this number by an activity factor of 1.55 (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) we get a daily need of 2578 - 2611 calories/day. To put it simply, given your age and activity level you need to eat about 2600 calories per day to maintain your given weight and sustain energy levels.

A blood test will be a small arm stick and they fill a small tube with blood , it's no big deal. I get it done a few times a year. If they did not give you a blood test you might want to find another doctor because blood tests can tell a lot about what might be causing your problems.