If it aint broke should I fix it?

I haven't had any serious problems with the jetting on my bike, but all this talk of jetting makes me wonder if I'm not getting all of the performance I could be getting. I run stock jetting, exhaust, no baffle, no airbox cover from 0 to 6000 feet.

What do you think...

------------------

JJ - 99 WR; WR timed, stock jetting, Scotts stabalizer, Scotts triple clamps, Pro-Tapers, Terry Cable Hot start, MSR Raptor clutch lever, Moose skid plate, Works frame guards, Acerbis Pro Rally guards, Renthal MD-soft grips, Russel speed bleeders, Factory Effect graphics, YZ rear fender

[This message has been edited by JJ (edited 11-12-2000).]

WOW I had no idea I was in the company of so many literary geniuses... disturbed.gif

I guess I can always go back to stock jetting.

There has been so much talk about jetting with after market pipes, does anyone have any recommendations for jetting with WR timing, stock exhaust, no baffle, no air box cover?

Is the grass really greener or is he just as negligent about taking care of his lawn as you are.

Nothing ventured nothing gained...huh...sounds like a Democratic campaign slogan.

disturbed.gif

------------------

JJ - 99 WR; WR timed, stock jetting, Scotts stabalizer, Scotts triple clamps, Pro-Tapers, Terry Cable Hot start, MSR Raptor clutch lever, Moose skid plate, Works frame guards, Acerbis Pro Rally guards, Renthal MD-soft grips, Russel speed bleeders, Factory Effect graphics, YZ rear fender

[This message has been edited by JJ (edited 11-13-2000).]

JJ,

I had a friend with a '99WR that was very reluctant to touch his jetting. It worked just fine for him. After a few months of prodding he tried an EMN carb needle in the middle clip. Changed nothing else. He couldn't believe the difference. It worked perfectly.

Give it a try!

James

Thanks James, just the kind of advise I was looking for! I'm assuming that like you, your friend is from the Seattle area and rides in most of the same areas and altitudes as we do.

Does any one know the Yam par # for the EMN needle?

Thanks again!

------------------

Got it!

Since you first recommended the EMN I think I'll go that route. Besides its cheaper and I'll probably get it sooner from Sudco than any of the Seattle area dealers...

You mentioned brass vs. aluminum. Does it matter? If so, I'd be curious to know why?

Thanks much!

------------------

JJ,

The EMN is a Keihin part and is identical to Yamaha needle EKN except for the clip position. EKN is 1 clip richer, EMN#4 is the same as EKN#3. Also EMN is brass whereas EKN is an anodized aluminum.

Needle EKN is Yamaha part #5JG-14916-EN

This is a YZ426 optional part. Costs about $14.

Use the 3rd clip from the top.

(Do not substitute any other part number, this is not EVN - the parts guy may say it is)

Needle EMN is available from Sudco for $8.

Sudco ph#1-800-998-3529.

James

AUGH! Sudco is out of EMN needle until Dec!

All of the Yam dealer I've called say there is no listing anywhere for an EKN needle thet say that the part #5JG-14916-EN is a EVN needle.

Bummer.

------------------