Need a new Battery

The battery is a specific size that is not "normal". It seems to be a real problem since the replacements are all in the $70+ price range.

FWIW, I just replaced the battery in my tengai with an AGM type (same as on the drz) and it retailed for $56 and that is for a standard size 12n14a in a large sporting goods store.

OK, the battery in the DRZ finally gave up, and now I need a new one. My question to collective minds here on TT is were is the cheapest place to get one.

Around here - we have Battery outlet stores - they have one that will fit, it is a 7 BS size - costs $39.00 - 3 year warranty. I called the dealer and he wanted $112.00 - he told me to call the battery outlet store and I could get one much cheaper :D

Or order them online - I found one for $39.00 - includes shipping ?

I will try and find the link for you

You may find a cheaper replacment,, but it will not be a Yousa for $39 ?

If so,, post up ?

well the cheaper ones have a 3 year warranty...and my stock Yousa lasted a little under 3 years....so my thought is why would the stock one be a benefit? :D

If the battery don't say this>Don't buy it!!!!!!! > (1. We sell Maintenance Free Batteries Only. These batteries are also known as Gel Cell, AGM, Non-Spillable, Dry Cell or Sealed Valve Regulated. All batteries arrive at your door charged and ready to install.) ?

Make sure you know what your paying for! Money is nothing, When buying Nothing!!!

Enjoy.......MtnMan

Do yourself a favor and buy a YUASA battery and a Battery Tender, Jr. and it will out-last your bike. $70 for the battery and about $25 for the Tender. The "cheapest" are not the "bestest"... ?

You don't need to buy a Yuasa battery, plenty of other decent batteries out there. Even the $30 Wal-Mart batteries work well (if they have you size).

well the cheaper ones have a 3 year warranty...and my stock Yousa lasted a little under 3 years....so my thought is why would the stock one be a benefit? ?

The problem with your observation is,, your comparing a used battery of unknown maintenance (the factory installed one) to a new battery, that was charged and maintained correctly (we will assume for this discussion)

The factory battery was installed,, left to sit, maybe charged, once before it went on the floor.. then sat there, for how long???? Then the new owner came and picked it up,, did they immediately install a battery maintainer, as Yousa recommends?????

By all means,, if you can find a aftermarket battery that fits and is of the same quality,, for less then the Yousa... Buy it :D

I'm over two years on a Factory installed Yousa battery, that turns over a 13.5 CR motor, with no Auto decomp. ?

You don't need to buy a Yuasa battery, plenty of other decent batteries out there. Even the $30 Wal-Mart batteries work well (if they have you size).

Hey, Dude...buy whatever junk you like and see how long it lasts. I'm just speaking from experience and happen to know what works best and lasts the longest. Go Wal-Mart! :worthy:??:D:D

I have a battery tender and had it on the bike for along time. The problem started when I needed one for something else, and since I hadn't rode the bike in a while I used the one on the bike. That was my big mistake, now I am stuck with a dead battey. ?

The problem with your observation is,, your comparing a used battery of unknown maintenance (the factory installed one) to a new battery, that was charged and maintained correctly (we will assume for this discussion)

The factory battery was installed,, left to sit, maybe charged, once before it went on the floor.. then sat there, for how long???? Then the new owner came and picked it up,, did they immediately install a battery maintainer, as Yousa recommends?????

By all means,, if you can find a aftermarket battery that fits and is of the same quality,, for less then the Yousa... Buy it :D

I'm over two years on a Factory installed Yousa battery, that turns over a 13.5 CR motor, with no Auto decomp. ?

Well I never used a battery tender....so I guess I should get one when I get the new battery huh ?