Edelbrock Question - Drain/vent tubes?

I've got the carb on my XR650R and everything seems to be in good shape, but I have 2 questions that are not addressed in the instructions that came with it:

1 - What are the 3 plastic tubes that come from the carb? 2 are larger than the other and are obviously drains of some sort, with the ends cut at an angle.

3 - Where is the best place to run these? In particular, I wonder about the 1 thinner tube, since it doesn't look like a typical drain. Does it go someplace special?


They're oveflow and vent tubes, which are common on all carbs. From what I recall, I rounted my tubes between the shock spring and swing arm. I also recall the smaller tube being routed down and through a hole in a small rectangular plate which was bolted to the fuel bowl. I'd have to look to be certain and I'm not near my bikes right now, but that's what recall.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now