Ordering left center case or frame.

I thought I'd FYI everyone that if you order a left center case or frame, any part with a serial number on it, you have to provide the old serial number and your driver's license number to Honda. When I ordered a left center case for my '04 CRF450 from Service Honda, I was told by the newbie service person that the part was on backorder. That is not true, when I contacted them to find out if it was on the critical order list, I found you have to provide the additional information for theft security reasons. Another vendor told me about the critical order list when I was calling around looking for the part.

Guess Service Honda needs to train there people better. I got the same story about back order last summer on a left case half. Backorder, back order, back order. Finally mentioned something about this apparent part shortage on here and someone asked if they had asked for that info,which they hadn't. It took several phone calls until I finally got the right person who new what i was talking about. Overall, it took darn near 3 months to get that case half!!!!!

Well at least I figured it out in 3 weeks, should have the part soon. Luckily, I do have a backup bike to ride (YZ250). Actually it was fun going back to the two stroke. It shows how lazy you can get with the torque of the four stroke. I think I'll keep the old smoker for a refesher course once in awhile.