Sign in to follow this  

parents dilema.

I live in La Crescenta which is pretty close to you. I'll be riding in a couple of weeks and I'll give you a buzz when I go.

Just for reference, I'm a 34 yr old family man with 2 kids. I haven't even gotten a driving ticket in 4 years.

TT references: Moondogger, Dustee, slowxr. Hopefully these guys can vouch for me and say that I'm no weirdo. They will tell you that I'm sloooowww. Yes, I'm proud of it :)

they have ridden with other folks on tt who can vouch that they aren't cannibalistic murderers.

-mark

Yup, I haven't been eaten a single time while riding with TTers. :)

When i bought my DRZ.... none of my friends had dirt bikes...

I came here and talked to a guy and met up with a group of riders that i ride with all the time now.....

I haven't had any of them try and stick thier weener in my hiney yet.

dirt bikers are some of the best people you could meet. haven't met one 'bad apple' yet.

ive been meeting up with people for rides since i was 15..im almost 17 now, you'll be okay :)

Yup, I haven't been eaten a single time while riding with TTers. :D

:) Where's LowCo on this one.

I drove out to Moab and met yzman400 and his crew along with Indy_WR450 about 1 1/2 years ago. Then went back out this spring and met Indy, Ddialogue, his brother Dan and more TT'rs. I've also ridden with some guys locally. No issues and I had a great time with all of them. I also met Hokie at the Berthoud Harescramble. :)

PigpenKLX300 - I appreciate the fact that you are respecting your parents. You still live in their house and should agree to their terms, but that doesn't mean that you don't have a say either. I've got an 18 year old and I know all about parent / young adult conflicts. :-0

Keep in mind, and this is no doubt a concern of your parents, that those you ride with just might be in charge of keeping you alive. It doesn't happen often, and it's doubtful that you will ever find yourself in the situation, but riding buddies can quite possibly be responsible for your life. You run out of gas in the middle of no-where, you get lost with no food, you get injured and can't ride out alone, you get left broken down and someone has to go and get help, etc., etc. You get the idea. When I ride, I ride with guys that I would put my life in their hands - and they feel the same about me. God forbid that it would ever happen, but it can and it has. Generally speaking, dirt bike riders - especially the hard core trail riders who get waaaay out - know this and they are some of the most standup guys you will ever meet. It's a brotherhood and we all know we need to depend on each other.

We ride KLX300's too and you'd be welcome to join us sometime if you wish. We're in the Pasadena area and go to Gorman, Stoddard, Phelan, Lucerne, etc. - a lot. Maybe your parents would be more easygoing if there was someone your age (or close) going. Or one of the family rides where everyone is bringing their kids out would be a good one to connect on.

Good luck. Getting a good riding buddy who you like, get along with, like the same type of riding, wants to ride as often as you do, lives close, etc., is one of the truly great blessings in life. I'm lucky. I've got several. Good luck, keep looking and keep respecting your parents.

PM if you ever want to ride with us.

Bill

Yup, I haven't been eaten a single time while riding with TTers. :)

aincher boyfriend a tt-er sometimes? you should take these complaints up with him.

Hi KLX

I have a similar problem, I'm a Brit working in the USA and I dont know anyone here who rides offroad, all my expat friends seem to be into waterskiing and golf. As a result, I ride alone as my wife has no interest in dirtbiking either. Because I 'go it alone' and am a complete novice, I take it VERY easy, in fact I don't ride on what I would class as 'off road' at all, really, I ride on country backroads and just hop offroad onto very mild tracks, play about a bit in the grass in public parks (not strictly legal but I can afford the ticket if I get caught). I would love to do trails and fireroads but I cant take the risk of going out of cellphone range. Wife always knows roughly where I am and the time I am due home...she knows what to do if I dont come home when I said I would.

I have tried to hookup with a local guy who lives near me and also has the same bike, DR650, but he seems a bit reluctant to meet me (we dont know eachother very well and I think he might be a bit paranoid I am some bike-stealing murderer)

I am very trusting of people, had countless internet blind dates with girls in the past and never had any problems (other than the fact some of them were lying about their age or I didnt find them attractive!)

I would like to thank all the people who responded back to my post :usa: I would like all you to know that I talked with my dad and showed him the posts you guys left saying how all TTers are stand up people and he said he thinks it would be fine for me to go riding and so i will be looking out for posts on weekends that i am free and maybe i will get to ride with some of you guys thanks alot everyone. :usa::usa::lol::lol::lol::):D:lol::):D:worthy::D:D:D;):crazy::worthy::worthy::worthy::mad::(:D:D:D:D:D:crazy::eek::D:D:D:):D:usa::lol::lol:

I would like all you to know that I talked with my dad and showed him the posts you guys left saying how all TTers are stand up people and he said he thinks it would be fine for me to go riding

:D Ooooh... Except with me, your dad probably thinks I'm a perv! :) Although I'm not in CA anymore, anyway, so you're safe... :)

No but I still look up to them for advice. do you go with anyone here at TT out riding and were you kind of leary the first time.

I've met, and ridden with many internet "buddies" here on TT, and on other street bike forums.

People here have one MAIN thing in common. Riding.

Yup, I haven't been eaten a single time while riding with TTers. :D

You never asked! :)

Hi KLX

I have a similar problem, I'm a Brit working in the USA and I dont know anyone here who rides offroad, all my expat friends seem to be into waterskiing and golf. As a result, I ride alone as my wife has no interest in dirtbiking either. Because I 'go it alone' and am a complete novice, I take it VERY easy, in fact I don't ride on what I would class as 'off road' at all, really, I ride on country backroads and just hop offroad onto very mild tracks, play about a bit in the grass in public parks (not strictly legal but I can afford the ticket if I get caught). I would love to do trails and fireroads but I cant take the risk of going out of cellphone range. Wife always knows roughly where I am and the time I am due home...she knows what to do if I dont come home when I said I would.

I have tried to hookup with a local guy who lives near me and also has the same bike, DR650, but he seems a bit reluctant to meet me (we dont know eachother very well and I think he might be a bit paranoid I am some bike-stealing murderer)

I am very trusting of people, had countless internet blind dates with girls in the past and never had any problems (other than the fact some of them were lying about their age or I didnt find them attractive!)

Check outthe forums at www.texasoffroad.net - maybe you can find some guys to ride with.

Meeting TTers - yeesh!

JohnnyOfast invaded my property un-announced one afternoon last year and promtly made my track his own and laughed at my old bikes while pilfering thru my shop. Luckily, nothing turned up missing. You can't be too careful these days.

:):D:)