New Fork Springs "Click"

Had Progressive Springs installed on my KLR650 and I hear a Clicking noise coming from the forks if I hold the front brake and compress the suspension. It clicks at the top of the Up stroke and I don't hear it riding. Im taking it back today, just want an idea of what it could be before I take it.

When you put the fork caps back on, was there some tension being put on the springs? Were the springs at least as long as the stock ones? If shorter, the clicking may be from the slack being taken up.

Ride on

Brewster

• 3 months later...

Glad to hear they found the problem and corrected it. My mechanic friend installed the Dual-Star progressive springs in my 06 KLR650 yesterday and I've had a chance to put 50 miles on bumpy pavement and have noticed no unusual noises coming from the forks! :banghead:

We used 400cc's of premium DelRay 15 weight fork oil to replace the 400cc's of cheap transmission fluid the Kawa factory sent the bike out into the world with (? )!

I am very happy with how the front end handles now. :applause:

The front end of my new 06 was soft and mushy and very "bouncy" before installing the new springs and fork oil ? - but now it is firmer, and the front wheel gets planted after a bump instead of "bouncing"! :?

? man ?