denro

Which of these bikes is your primary ride?  

4331 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

Yeah, about 60 miles into my first 100 mile section.  Fell in love with that race.  We lost the big end bearing at about mile 275 unfortunately.  I put her back together and retired her.  Saturday is my first BITD race on our 450X.  Somehow I don't think it'll be quite the same not riding the piggy.

Here's my 2008 XR650L (only 1,800 miles on it) I picked up a few weeks ago. My work took it in on trade so I got a pretty good deal on it. The plan is to turn it into a supermoto, which should be done in the next couple of months. It's currently got an FMF Powercore 4 muffler, Protaper bars (not installed in the pic), Clarke tank (stock is going back on for street use), K&N and smog delete plus some minor farkles. The black plasti-dip has been pulled off so it's red/white now. I was bored and like playing with the stuff. 

KR97Vav.jpg

I bought this 1993 XR650L for my roommate this weekend. I wanted someone to ride with and it was only $1,000 (he's paying me back). He's planning on tearing it apart pretty quick to go over everything and clean it up. It's got 36,000 on it so it kinds of needs it. It runs well though. I also realized these bikes sound lame with the stock exhaust after hearing it. 

0HyvIHY.jpg

Edited by fiveohatch

Here's my 2008 XR650L (only 1,800 miles on it) I picked up a few weeks ago. My work took it in on trade so I got a pretty good deal on it. The plan is to turn it into a supermoto, which should be done in the next couple of months. It's currently got an FMF Powercore 4 muffler, Protaper bars (not installed in the pic), Clarke tank (stock is going back on for street use), K&N and smog delete plus some minor farkles. The black plasti-dip has been pulled off so it's red/white now. I was bored and like playing with the stuff. 

KR97Vav.jpg

How is that FMF muffler attached?  It's not connect to the tail light like mine/everyone elses.

Here's my new to me never before seen the dirt 2007 650L 1750 miles. Previous owner was scared of it :D

Full FMF with a Q4, I like the idea of a nice sounding quiet exhaust but it really ticks me when I can't scare the crap out of a Harley rider when I go by him lol it does sound nice though. smog block off, lowering link installed then uninstalled by me, carb has been gone through, I removed the K&N he had on it, and some other goodies the scaredy cat :unsure:  put on here and there.

At one time it had a trail tech vapor but his "mechanic" installed it wrong so they cut it all off. "Cut" being the key word :banghead:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Couldn't be much happier. Waited a long time for this old girl. ?

Edited by BigRedThumper