denro

Which of these bikes is your primary ride?  

4331 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

Can anyone point me in the right direction to purchase axle sliders for my xr650r...i am making a supermoto out of my bike and haven't been able to find the right size or make /model specific slider kits for the xr650r .any advise from fellow riders who has installed axle sliders on the xr650r..whats the best type also in your opinion? Metal? Rubber? Do they make a shaft with just threaded ends or is it just as simple as buying a piece of all thread and cut to fit..i want to make sure whatever i put on they will be durable and not just break off the first time i go down on the bike with em on.. thanks

I used 3/8" all thread in back and 1/4" in front with 4 cheap skateboard wheels and some nuts and washers.

Ya iv thought of doing something similar, but answer me this..

*have you ever been down on the bike with that set up?

* (if yes) how fast were ya going and did they hold up to the crash or just rip right off?

Anyone else wanna chime in on the conversation..what are others doing when purchasing or installing axle sliders on a xr650r? I know im not the first to want to do this on this bike and iv seen store bought sliders or slider kits on these bikes before!

is this a joke? Whats up wit the front fork?

My thoughts exactly, I was doing my weekly search for new xr650l videos and saw this video.

It looks like they are trying to sell it. They talked about the fact that the throttle is gone, yet seemingly forgot to mention that the front end is clearly F$#@ed up. Idk, unless I'm missing something that bike is seriously screwed up.

• Like 1

My thoughts exactly, I was doing my weekly search for new xr650l videos and saw this video.

It looks like they are trying to sell it. They talked about the fact that the throttle is gone, yet seemingly forgot to mention that the front end is clearly F$#@ed up. Idk, unless I'm missing something that bike is seriously screwed up.

Im working on a Super Moto project right now! Same bike as the video, but seeing that just made me hurl!

Its not messed up that is a new thing changing the rake of the front end so it will cut turns sharper but a little more unstable at speed.....NOT   LOL

Ummmm, just found this video on the Youtube. Something dont look right ?

It looks like If someone hopped on it and pulled a wheelie, the front end comes down the front wheel jams up in the frame/header and then does a automatic front flip...or at the least the tire gets shredded by the drain bolt...