denro

Which of these bikes is your primary ride?  

4331 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

Here's my pig after a nice spin through some trails and a little smoke break on the Little Red River. She is still recovering after being laid down about a half a dozen times last weekend in the mountains, and having a mirror, signal, and tank shroud busted, and alot of new (off) road rash to the plastics. I learned one thing last weekend, and that is, if you want someone to ride your dirt bike as if it is a dirtbike- then just have a friend ride it!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead::foul::banghead: :banghead:

021.jpg

Oh yeah.. and one more that will make all the R owners laugh, and re-affirm the L owner's latte sipping stereotypes..

001.jpg

Here's the latest pics of my '06 XR650L Sumo, post Spring mods, which included a new Clarke 4.7 tank, new OEM CDI, new Eddy Pumper carb, new Acerbis Supermoto front fender, Maier rear fender, BD LED tail light, carbon fiber signal lights, automotive high flow in-line fuel filter, Wolfman detachable toolbag, Motrax bar-end mirrors.

It's little dirty in these pics, as you can see (but not as dirty as my trucks), I live on a dirt road and the snow hasn't finished melting, which means it's still quite muddy in spots. :banghead:

MyXR650L09Five.jpg

MyXR650L09Three.jpg

MyXR650L09Two.jpg

MyXR650L09Six.jpg

DID someone say Swine Flu?

Everybody on this part of the forum suffers from swine flu!!!!

xrFMF.jpg

This is pre Acerbis 5.8, I ran out of daylight last night and managed to break the cheesy "Y" connector for the fuel line too:foul:

I'll get an updated pic after work, after I upgrade the fuel lines and Brass "T" connector, ain't gonna break that sumbitch:lol:

Added the XL wire harness and a small lithium battery, ignition etc. Raised the headlight to allow air flow to the oil cooler. Have put about 1000 miles on it over the last couple weekends. 300 last weekend alone. Bike sustained some damage from large boulders hidden in tall grass on narrow single track. Bent both foot peg mounts & the kickstand in separate incidents. It won't stay pretty long but this bike was meant to be ridden.

The dashboard-XL ignition, wire harness, re-mounted odo & put on hi-rise fat bars, secured bark busters to triple.

XR600dash.jpg?t=1241028731

Polished side covers, vented airbox along with a bunch of other stuff. Need new tires badly now too.

LsideFin.jpg?t=1241028494

After my brother and I wrestled the front tank straps down tonight, it is finally on. We had a hell of a time getting the right strap on and after failing many times, we took out the left one and tightened the right and then the left went on like butter, whooda thunk it???:banghead: I went with the heavier duty fuel lines and brass "T" connector(I broke the plastic Y that came with it). I also put those Tusk universal risers on there, but after doing a test ride, I think I may end up taking some of the spacers out tomorrow on the trail. I also put a 160 main in and I do really notice it at full throttle in 3rd and 4th!!!!

Sorry for the crappy cell phome pic, but my Fuji crapped out on me and I've put any possible camera money into the bike over the winter.

This Acerbis 5.8 just looks like it belongs on this bike!!!

arcerbis58.jpg