denro

Which of these bikes is your primary ride?  

4331 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

GREAT looking bike!

What do you have protecting the pipe? Could you describe better and maybe a closer pic. Looks like a protective sleeve or some kind of muffler tape in black.

Like the black fender tip & luggage rack too. Sweeeeet!

its standard fiberglass pipe wrap. i have used it before on my harley. i like using normal hose clamps instead of the stainless zipties. i actually melted my rainpants today. will look at trying to attach stock pipe guard as well tomorrow.

IM001237.jpg

IM001238.jpg

I just cleaned her up. It's been about 3 weeks since I finished all of the engine work on it and I have already put about 500 miles on her. :crazy: I love this motorcycle, I have dealer liscence plates through my shop and access to over thirty motorcycles, ranging from twins to parallels to 4's and nothing...NOTHING is as fun to ride as this bike. I'm glad out of all of those bikes, this is my personal one.:eek:

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

Proud parent?

meonthegirl.jpg

That's me on the right, and my dad and sister

xrattheshow.jpg

?

Here's a pic of my poor old girl.

DSCF1820.jpg

I'm just getting ready to pull her into the shop and yank the engine; the oil leaks have become too bad to ignore any longer. I'm planning on doing a bunch of other maintenance that's been neglected while I'm at it; pretty much fix all the little issues she's got.

Most current. Fresh tires and I ditched all my decals, mostly because I got sick of the ones on the tank bubbling. I also reinstalled the passenger pegs and rear fender bag. Decided to change the saggy front fender so I shimmed the back two bolts with two thick plastic washers.

2chrhwm.jpg

And the shimmed fender results...

122l0na.jpg

• Like 1

Most current. Fresh tires and I ditched all my decals, mostly because I got sick of the ones on the tank bubbling. I also reinstalled the passenger pegs and rear fender bag. Decided to change the saggy front fender so I shimmed the back two bolts with two thick plastic washers.

2chrhwm.jpg

And the shimmed fender results...

122l0na.jpg

Thanks for the tip! I am going to do ti right now. ? Gas for you fuel tank.?

122l0na.jpg

I finally took delivery of my new PIG last night. 2001 XR650R with 9000km on it. It will be replacing my 1999 XR630,which is sold and leaves my care next week. I need to replace the bars with some fat bars and risers and put some knobbie tyres on it before I go roosting up the trails on it though.

DSC03422.jpg

That canister is there to let everyone outside of California know how hard we're trying to fight global warming. ?

It also gives the bike a sexy repeated pop on decel...?

My smog gear only lasted a month, now it waits quietly in a box until the greenies pitch a fit.

I have my bike jetted well to offset the backfiring, I leave the smog equipment and pipe silencer in place due to the threats of California motocycle smog checks; the weight difference isn't enough to worry about it.

Thanks for the positive comments, I really like the bike. The springs and brace were the biggest improvements, it handles two wheel dirt power slides perfectly balanced.

That canister is there to let everyone outside of California know how hard we're trying to fight global warming. ?

It also gives the bike a sexy repeated pop on decel...?

My smog gear only lasted a month, now it waits quietly in a box until the greenies pitch a fit.

Is this something new? My bike does not have that.?

6-11-2009XR650L1.jpg