denro

Which of these bikes is your primary ride?  

4331 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

Well, the deal I made with my wife was I'd sell the 1985 Suzuki SP-600 to buy the 2001 Honda XR650L. Bought the XR, now I can't bear to get rid of my ol' pig! I ask you....how may bikes are too many? I really like the Suzie, and while I intend on making the XR my primary dual sport, I can't help but think I'll kick myself in the a** for selling the SP.DSC_0756.jpgDSC_0757.jpgDSC_0758.jpg

wow, i just got mine and absolutely love it! lots of mods to follow, first things first the stock bars have got to go as im leaned way over when standing up. thinking about rox 2" risers and a set of carmichael hi's for my 6' frame. anyone tried that set up? will the stock cables fit without binding too bad? its got a nice big tank too but its certainly been white-er, anyone tried krylon fusion on these tanks? i assume the gas coming through the plastic will eventually ruin the paint. also plan to get the 200w stator and an 8" rally light, oh the list goes on and on. it has the same sticky ass stock carb though i think i'll just get used to it, since that frees up more money for other mods on the list.

mine-1.jpg

:banghead:

wow, i just got mine and absolutely love it! lots of mods to follow, first things first the stock bars have got to go as im leaned way over when standing up. thinking about rox 2" risers and a set of carmichael hi's for my 6' frame. anyone tried that set up? will the stock cables fit without binding too bad? its got a nice big tank too but its certainly been white-er, anyone tried krylon fusion on these tanks? i assume the gas coming through the plastic will eventually ruin the paint. also plan to get the 200w stator and an 8" rally light, oh the list goes on and on. it has the same sticky ass stock carb though i think i'll just get used to it, since that frees up more money for other mods on the list.:cheers:

mine-1.jpg

she s a ripper!!!

Local riding area...sorry I didn't get any pics once I actually hit the trails. :cheers:

Proof you do ride it! Normally every picture its clean enough to be on a showroom floor:thumbsup:

Yeah, if you look real close you can see a little dirt on the mudflap. :worthy:

You guys are too much... :ride::banghead:

This is my 2002 XR650L. Bought it in '07', bone stock, with 1200 miles on it. It now has about 9000 miles on it and many mods. Smog block off kit, UNI air filter,re-jetted and modified carb("Daves Mods" ),supertrapp slip on,polisport headlight(not as good as stock,but it looks 100 times better than the eighty's style stock one), acerbis handguards, modified CRF450 front fender, LED rear turn signals,CR high MSR bars, and changed gearing from 15/45 to 14/48. Pirelli MT21 front tire and a Maxxis Desert IT 120/100 rear (not a DOT tire, but it grips better and last longer than the other, more expensive DOT tires I've tried. 25psi on the steet and between 7 and 10psi in the dirt.)100_0354.jpg

Yeah, if you look real close you can see a little dirt on the mudflap. :moon:

You guys are too much... :moon::foul:

...where?!? :cheers:

ef6f9c61.jpg

...looks like u trailered it out there took a pic...loaded up up and drove home! :foul:

hell...the tires are clean and still look freshly armorall'd :worthy:

at least take sum crayons and mark up the cases so it looks like it's been started and riden once or twice :banghead:

:ride:

P.S. they use to blow me chit...all i can say is better u than me!?

I totally agree my Cloudcroft brother!! Lighten up Kenslow...it's a damn nice bike. :moon:

go back to DR or kiddie board Norgee...it's an ongoing joke ?

hell...everyone knows dubb is perma-baked and shudn't be ride'n anyway! joint.gif

?

:cheers:

Edited by Kenzo

go back to DR or kiddie board Norgee...it's an ongoing joke :cheers:

hell...everyone knows dubb is perma-baked and shudn't be ride'n anyway! joint.gif

?

:moon:

Speakin of which...when do you plan on sending me my next shipment, Kenneth?

bong.gif

??

And see...it's not so perfect after all.

Forkdamage.jpg

?