denro

Which of these bikes is your primary ride?  

4331 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

I put a oil cooler on my bike. hoping to get some cooler temps in the summer heat, when i sitting in traffic.(thanks chicago) i plan on moving to arizona and i figured it wouldnt hurt. not to mention a cooler oil last longer.

100_0722-1.jpg

all hooked up

100_0720-1.jpg

100_0721-1.jpg

i cut a square in the shourd to vent the air

100_0726.jpg

100_0725-1.jpg

and the finished product. not bad for about 80 bucks, and about 2 hours of work

Long story short- got rid of my DRZ400SM and got this instead. I missed the dirt too much.

Specs: 1996 XR600R with a 2001 crate motor.

Acc: 4.0 gal tank, Al Baker's exhaust, Acerbis plastics, excel wheels, AceWell computer and some other misc stuff. I put on some Renthal kevlar grips, handguards and mirrors yesterday. USD conversion is in the works now.

Today:

IMG_0648.jpg

How it sat when I picked it up:

IMG_0630.jpg

Its a Clarke 4 gallon. That upgrade has been needed for a long time. I took a chance with the mirrors. The originals broke when it fell over in the garage. Kickstand is to long with the 17in wheels on it. Almost sits vertical. I still have the dirt wheels and ride dirt every now and then. Mirrors vibrate a lot and yes they dont stick out far enough. Have to work for now.

That is a crf fender i had laying around(front and back) from my 450r. Got an Acerbis sumo front fender but it doesn't stop mud to well when the 21in is on. Just never changed it back. Yes Baja designs LED taillight. No problems so far.

well guys my frame has been really bothering me. the P.O. used to leave the bike outside. and lets just say when i got it. i could tell he tried covering up the rust with poorly done paint job. so decided to tare my bike down a throw on a fresh coat of paint. so far so good.

100_0940.jpg

this is what i started with

100_0968.jpg

what a mess

100_0972.jpg

after 3 hours of cleaning

100_0982.jpg

all done. now just gunna leave it to dry for a day and put the Great White back together.

well guys my frame has been really bothering me. the P.O. used to leave the bike outside. and lets just say when i got it. i could tell he tried covering up the rust with poorly done paint job. so decided to tare my bike down a throw on a fresh coat of paint. so far so good.

all done. now just gunna leave it to dry for a day and put the Great White back together.

Noooooooo! Don't make me paint my frame! The piggie's still in pieces and I have been trying to ignore the paint chips on the frame! :banana::banana::banana:

Looks good thus far. Post up some pics when she's back together?

Here is my 2001 XR650L.......just purchased on 03/01/2010 ! Has a couple of upgrades, and I am looking forward to adding more. 8k miles, and runs VERY well. This photo taken on 03/09/2010 at Morrow Mountain State Park........with Lake Tillery in the background! **I am searching for a "slip on" muffler to replace this big stock unit.........anyone have a used one??? Call me.... (980)581-0006

dsc00224lp.jpg

Edited by xrfanatic
updated

zipper do you got any videos on you tube? i feel like ive seen that same bike around...that or someone has the same look you got going on

you´re right..got a couple of them on youtube and some more on vimeo and photobucket.....unless i got clones :banana:

IMG_0309.jpg