denro

Which of these bikes is your primary ride?  

4331 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

A very rare kit bike made by ATK in the early 90's. Race tuned suspension, saves over 40 lbs vs. a stock XR and provides cr250 like handling...

Scroll down you'll see it: http://americandirtbike.com/newpage1.htm

I see in your pic's and the pic's in the website you linked that the chain runs about horizontal with the swing arm. Does it have an idler sprocket before the drive sprocket or a rub block? Wonder what the reasoning is with that set up. Those ATK's were/are monsters and better yet, made in the good ol US of A.?

I see in your pic's and the pic's in the website you linked that the chain runs about horizontal with the swing arm. Does it have an idler sprocket before the drive sprocket or a rub block? Wonder what the reasoning is with that set up. Those ATK's were/are monsters and better yet, made in the good ol US of A.?

Its an Anti Torque Kutentraub (or "chain drive) and its where "ATK" originally got its name. It uses two idler sprockets and it soaks up chain torque which would otherwise make rear suspension almost rigid under heavy throttle. They work that's for sure, but the idea didn't seem to gain much popularity for whatever reason. ATK used this up till the White's bought the company around 1994...

[/img]Great bikes everywhere but here is my old girl. 87 model but first of single carb so everything 88+ fits (which I found out after buying stuff that dont fit haha) she goes hard and she dont give up!! luv it!

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy251/bigredmudcrab/18032009577.jpg

i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy251/bigredmudcrab/241020091103.jpg

Edited by bigredmudcrab

Great bikes everywhere but here is my old girl. 87 model but first of single carb so everything 88+ fits (which I found out after buying stuff that dont fit haha) she goes hard and she dont give up!! luv it!

Here, let me help you turn that link into eye candy. ?

18032009577.jpg

They cant be or else there wouldn't be the above picture let alone post :applause:

Picture thread... stop the silliness!??

Now, having said that... You will notice that the bike isn't far off the pavement. About at the limits of a set of d-wings. Any further and we'd have to call a helicopter for medevac. ?

Gud looking piggie though!

Howdy all, long time since last post. I've just recently bought my dream bike - i owned one of these when i was 16 (back in 1996), again about 5 years ago, both times not having the time or cash to rebuild them into the beast they should be, and always said one day i'll buy a third and final, keep it, build it, ride it.

This is it.

Build will start in a couple of months.

DSC05540.jpg

DSC05541.jpg

DSC05542.jpg

Cheers

Rob