denro

Which of these bikes is your primary ride?  

4331 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

Hey Joker, the exhaust system looks the goods. Where and how much??

Why not laminate your rego label and zip tie it to the upper fork leg?? It will tidy up the look of your front end a heap. :ride:

What is next on your wish list? A set of bar risers and fat bars would make a big difference to her.

Hey thanks heaps for the compliments, i got my inspiration from here

http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47529

The exhaust was about $650 off the eBay from the states but would be even cheaper now with the US Dollar, i better get some bars asap :banghead:

So you reckon some risers and fat bars will help a lot as currently i don't know what is actually on my bike, Renthal something? Not stock so its hard to compare what i will gain. But it should be a bit.

As for the rego label i might not have to do anything as i think soon the SA Gov wants to get rid of em to save money, so well see.

Thanks

Matt.

Interesting setup that, thanks for sharing but i dont believe i would want that much rise as they looks like a huge difference and would look and feel weird when riding sitting down i would think. Also dont really rate the toughness of it by looking at it.

Nice bike though :ride:

Jokerflingo, I use Rox Risers. These are really adjustable and really lift the bars up and forward from the top triple. You can get em for 7/8 bars or fat bars. I had to lengthen the clutch and decomp cables by 75mm though.

Cheers

july2010014.jpg

july2010011.jpg

Jokerflingo, I use Rox Risers. These are really adjustable and really lift the bars up and forward from the top triple. You can get em for 7/8 bars or fat bars. I had to lengthen the clutch and decomp cables by 75mm though.

Cheers

july2010014.jpg

july2010011.jpg

dang those things are up there all most looks like ape hanger bars on a chopper LOL

dang those things are up there all most looks like ape hanger bars on a chopper LOL

Hahaha, Yeah they are pretty high for an XR. But the XR clamps are so low and back its ridiculous!!! If you compare to modern bikes its not radical at all.

I couldnt comfortably ride the XR with the standard set up whilst standing.

Joker, Im 6'1 and with the risers and 'jimmy button' renthal bars it has made the BRP much better when standing. When sitting I dont even notice the risers. The 'toughness' of the risers hasnt been tested with a big off yet. But to me they look very strong and sturdy in person, time will tell I guess.:ride:

Even though the bars are too high for my liking this BRP still turns me on :ride:

Haha, thanks Joker, Its not looking that clean anymore!! Mines done 13500kms now. I reckon yours looks like its done very few kms and well looked after too!

Cheers

Hahaha, Yeah they are pretty high for an XR. But the XR clamps are so low and back its ridiculous!!! If you compare to modern bikes its not radical at all.

I couldnt comfortably ride the XR with the standard set up whilst standing.

Joker, Im 6'1 and with the risers and 'jimmy button' renthal bars it has made the BRP much better when standing. When sitting I dont even notice the risers. The 'toughness' of the risers hasnt been tested with a big off yet. But to me they look very strong and sturdy in person, time will tell I guess.:ride:

looks great not knocking it might want to watch them on a get off looks as if they will twist some when the bars hit the ground and if they gouge the aluminum bars at the mounting point could hurt the integrity of the material:thumbsup:

Haha, thanks Joker, Its not looking that clean anymore!! Mines done 13500kms now. I reckon yours looks like its done very few kms and well looked after too!

Cheers

Yer mines done about 7000kms, seems to be fairly well looked after, i treat her well and she treats me well, except when she scares the **** outta me :ride:

After Owning this 08 for about 2 years and riding it stock I finally got the cash I needed to do some of the things I wanted, This thing rips now Its 100% better to me I love it even more. Thanks to zgrant231 for helping me weld up the 450R can and doing the carb mods! ?

SSPX0129.jpg

I detect an early Bronco hardtop in the distance... ?

Hi...Im a newb here! posting from Central America, here in El Salvador!

Just rebuilt this 1988 xr600r to stock specs. Still have some tinkering to do like brakes, tires, maintenance, but almost everything is new inside.

Thanks!

Christian

xr600013-1.jpg

Nice bike Dude! Now lose the T-Shirt!!?

After Owning this 08 for about 2 years and riding it stock I finally got the cash I needed to do some of the things I wanted, This thing rips now Its 100% better to me I love it even more. Thanks to zgrant231 for helping me weld up the 450R can and doing the carb mods! ?

SSPX0133.jpg

SSPX0126.jpg

What MOD did you do to the carb??? I have the same exhuast on mine and get a vicious backfire from time to time... I thought the jetting was good but I loose power on the top end. I love the 450 exhuast on there... besides the fact it looks Honda factory it sounds halfway descent. Just gotta get rid of that backfire... Can you take a close-up of your mid-pipe/header attachment...

What MOD did you do to the carb??? I have the same exhuast on mine and get a vicious backfire from time to time... I thought the jetting was good but I loose power on the top end. I love the 450 exhuast on there... besides the fact it looks Honda factory it sounds halfway descent. Just gotta get rid of that backfire... Can you take a close-up of your mid-pipe/header attachment...
When is it backfiring? On deceleration? If so you need a richer pilot jet.