denro

Which of these bikes is your primary ride?  

4331 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

Nice rebuild...either you are really short, or that bike is 4 feet tall!!! Wow it looks big next to you!

jajaja! thats funny...yup Im short 5.7. but also that pic is a little tricky since the grass kind of slopes down towards the end there at the wall, so yes the bike looks taller than it is...

Once I jump on the seat and throw a leg over the bike, it sags down quite a bit and its all good...in fact once on the bike I have more leg room then my old KLR. Hence the shirt, so sorry about that, its my "work on the bike shirt"

Cheers guys and thanks! the bike rocks, just fine tuning now as I have some soot issues on my exhaust ports, and plug, just black dry soot...

Later!

Christian

After Owning this 08 for about 2 years and riding it stock I finally got the cash I needed to do some of the things I wanted, This thing rips now Its 100% better to me I love it even more. Thanks to zgrant231 for helping me weld up the 450R can and doing the carb mods! ?

SSPX0129.jpg

SSPX0133.jpg

SSPX0126.jpg

SSPX0125.jpg

You mean '98?

Looks like a rain flap to keep the road spray down. I've seen a lot of trucks put the indoor/outdoor carpet on their mud flaps to keep the spray down, but thats the first time I've seen it on a bike.
OK... I'll bite... a fork mounted tread cleaning brush?

The one fork rubber cracked so I decided to take both of them off. Then I cut some off the front fender to make fork guards. The fork guards do a good job of protecting the front of the fork, however, given that the fender is so high off the tire, it does nothing to protect the rear of the forks. Hence the mud guard(cut from a truck mudflap) mounted on the fork brace to protect the rear of the forks. Since it's wider than the tire it works well. On other bikes that have fenders close to the tire, there is no need to protect the rear of the forks so they just have frontal guards.

The one fork rubber cracked so I decided to take both of them off. Then I cut some off the front fender to make fork guards. The fork guards do a good job of protecting the front of the fork, however, given that the fender is so high off the tire, it does nothing to protect the rear of the forks. Hence the mud guard(cut from a truck mudflap) mounted on the fork brace to protect the rear of the forks. Since it's wider than the tire it works well. On other bikes that have fenders close to the tire, there is no need to protect the rear of the forks so they just have frontal guards.

I see. I was gonna suggest getting some fork boots back on it before you eat up your fork seals. Sounds like you found another way to skin the proverbial cat.

I see. I was gonna suggest getting some fork boots back on it before you eat up your fork seals. Sounds like you found another way to skin the proverbial cat.

Yeah, works well for 90/10 road. If you like to play in the mud, it's a different ballgame.