Which of these bikes is your primary ride?   3,808 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4,413 posts in this topic

Long story short- got rid of my DRZ400SM and got this instead. I missed the dirt too much.

Specs: 1996 XR600R with a 2001 crate motor.

Acc: 4.0 gal tank, Al Baker's exhaust, Acerbis plastics, excel wheels, AceWell computer and some other misc stuff. I put on some Renthal kevlar grips, handguards and mirrors yesterday. USD conversion is in the works now.

Today:

IMG_0648.jpg

How it sat when I picked it up:

IMG_0630.jpg

Hey Sagman,

nice looking pig. is that the CRF rear fender? do you have pics of how it is mounted? I want to put one on my bike but i heard it's a pain to get it mounted properly.

Cheers,

Cumbacheech

When i bought it

th_08521_oldxr_122_1113lo.jpg

th_08660_oldxr1_122_1067lo.jpg

And now after rebuilt

th_08721_XR_122_404lo.jpg

th_08761_XR2_122_577lo.jpg

th_08788_XR4_122_201lo.jpg

Much improved! Looks like it's time for a new rear tire though :banana:

well finally got the beast back in its cage. after 3 days of paint. and tune up on the motor, new sprocket, and turn signals. all i need to do now is the lowering link. fix the relay. finish paint the tank. and put the fenders on.

100_1005.jpg

100_1004.jpg

the frame is so white and clean. i almost dont want to ride in the mud...haha like thats going to happen.

100_1019.jpg

bought a led relay...then it sh#t the bed 20 mins later...awesome

Much improved! Looks like it's time for a new rear tire though :banana:

Thanks.Not finished yet though,suspension and headers are on their way,rear tire too:ride:

alllllmooossstt there! all i got left is the headers and exhuast. well and lowering link and the frame guards...once the come in.

100_1045.jpg

and my mirrors came in.

100_1052.jpg

100_1047.jpg

asf: that's sharp! I thought of putting on a KTM headlight but only saw them in black and orange, where'd you find the white one?

terrordactyl: the bike looks good! what kind of mirrors are those?

Hey boys,

I was going to give a shameless plug for a new dual sport forum RDS that was started by some guys in Austin, TX.

Feel free to check it out and if you decide to sign up, please use the below URL and help me win some free luggage. :thumbsup:

http://ridedualsport.com/forum/index.php?action=register;inviter=458

shite they like difficult passwords, i'l forget mine by tommorrow :lol:

shite they like difficult passwords, i'l forget mine by tommorrow :thumbsup:

Yeah, no kidding. I checked the "remember me always" box so I wouldn't have to worry about it. :lol: