Which of these bikes is your primary ride?   3,814 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4,418 posts in this topic

Had the BRP for over a year now. Great fun machine,loving the torque!!!

Recently gave it a makeover.

Megsy20XR650R204.jpg

Megsy20XR650R201.jpg

july2010005.jpg

Awesome bike, where you based in AUS?

Thanks guys,

dino3310, haha youve got a good eye. The subframe is a little bent, by the previous owner.

Wavy777, It has a bashplate on it, just hadnt put it back on when this pic was taken.

Jokerflingo, Im in Adelaide,like you. Megsy on DBW.

Cheers

Thanks guys,

dino3310, haha youve got a good eye. The subframe is a little bent, by the previous owner.

Wavy777, It has a bashplate on it, just hadnt put it back on when this pic was taken.

Jokerflingo, Im in Adelaide,like you. Megsy on DBW.

Cheers

Did you have full rego on it by chance? No blinkers and where abouts in Adelaide, if you did id be keen for a ride :ride:

Cleaned her up after the ride yesterday.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=88500

Nice bike!! Is that a crf/x headlight youve got on your bike? If so was it an easy fit?

Cheers

Nice bike!! Is that a crf/x headlight youve got on your bike? If so was it an easy fit?

Cheers

Head light and fender. Fender just needed a few washers to give it the proper clearance and the head light is zip-tied on, top and bottom. The 450x uses different mounting points than the Pig does and that was the quickest and easiest way around it. It's held up just fine so far and it looks so much better! And the quality of the light is much better than the stock light too.

Head light and fender. Fender just needed a few washers to give it the proper clearance and the head light is zip-tied on, top and bottom. The 450x uses different mounting points than the Pig does and that was the quickest and easiest way around it. It's held up just fine so far and it looks so much better! And the quality of the light is much better than the stock light too.

Could you provide the exact year/details of the front fender and does it clear everything once you put a few washers on?

Id be interested in doing the same but i hear the colours are different?

Different shades of red?

Oh and btw the graphics on mine are sick thanks to you :ride:

Thanks

Matt.

Could you provide the exact year/details of the front fender and does it clear everything once you put a few washers on?

Id be interested in doing the same but i hear the colours are different?

Different shades of red?

Oh and btw the graphics on mine are sick thanks to you :ride:

Thanks

Matt.

I'll work up the details when I get home today and post some pictures to show it better. I paid $30 for the fender shipped to my door. It's aftermarket, I just can't remember the exact brand right now. Got it off of e-bay. Color is close enough for me, it's a dirtbike not a showbike so if it's off a bit, I could care less. You can judge for yourself in the pictures, when I put them up. I'll also snap a pic of the handlebars, so you can see that too.

Your welcome on the graphics!

I'll work up the details when I get home today and post some pictures to show it better. I paid $30 for the fender shipped to my door. It's aftermarket, I just can't remember the exact brand right now. Got it off of e-bay. Color is close enough for me, it's a dirtbike not a showbike so if it's off a bit, I could care less. You can judge for yourself in the pictures, when I put them up. I'll also snap a pic of the handlebars, so you can see that too.

Your welcome on the graphics!

Awesome m8, your extremely helpful :ride:

OK, I've added some extra pics in my Garage if you wanted to see the handlebars and mount more closely, as well as the difference in fender colors and how the headlight was mounted.

Due to differences in the way the fenders are molded, the 450x fender required 2 washers for each bolt on the bottom for the bolts to tighten up properly (the bolts will bottom out in the lower triple clamp without tightening down on the fender itself if you don't use the washers). Now, I didn't do this, but if you don't want the rear of the fender to rub much on the frame you should add a washer or two on top of the fender to help angle it downwards and add clearance. I'm thinking this would be done in leu of the washers on the bottom...but only on the rear two bolts. The idea is to angle the fender down in the back and conversely upwards in front, thus giving you the desired clearance.

Any other questions?

OK, I've added some extra pics in my Garage if you wanted to see the handlebars and mount more closely, as well as the difference in fender colors and how the headlight was mounted.

Due to differences in the way the fenders are molded, the 450x fender required 2 washers for each bolt on the bottom for the bolts to tighten up properly (the bolts will bottom out in the lower triple clamp without tightening down on the fender itself if you don't use the washers). Now, I didn't do this, but if you don't want the rear of the fender to rub much on the frame you should add a washer or two on top of the fender to help angle it downwards and add clearance. I'm thinking this would be done in leu of the washers on the bottom...but only on the rear two bolts. The idea is to angle the fender down in the back and conversely upwards in front, thus giving you the desired clearance.

Any other questions?

Not yet, except the other thread but im sure there will be more soon :ride:

I have a 2001 XR650L and love it. If it did not feel like I was running it out so hard on the way back and forth to work and home, I would ride it everyday.... Love it... Completely changed my life. :ride:

However, I spent about 4 hours last weekend on a 2002 XR650R and loved it! I want it so bad I cannot stand it. But, There is no title and the owner really does not want to answer any questions about it... Makes me really leary about it. But, it is a dirt bike... I feel dumb/stupid for saying that, but man these things are hard to find in Ohio.

Slowly getting there :ride:

1-16.jpg

Hey Joker, the exhaust system looks the goods. Where and how much??

Why not laminate your rego label and zip tie it to the upper fork leg?? It will tidy up the look of your front end a heap. :banghead:

What is next on your wish list? A set of bar risers and fat bars would make a big difference to her.