Which of these bikes is your primary ride?   3,798 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4,389 posts in this topic

Looks like you've done a lot on this bike? Which side cover is it ?

Nice shot though !!!!

thanks, It's an xr250 sidecover. Spud has an XR600 sidecover on his that looks better though. I just happened to have one in the shop

nice, Carpenter

2002 XR650L. XR600 gas tank, guts tall/med seat, Shorai battery, White Bros E2, Precision Concepts suspension...

DSC00022-L.jpg

Edited by guinnessextreme

2002 XR650L. XR600 gas tank, guts tall/med seat, Shorai battery, White Bros E2, Precision Concepts suspension...

DSC00022-L.jpg

what did you do to get the r

tank to fit the L..... major mods???

what did you do to get the r

tank to fit the L..... major mods???

I wanted a smaller tank than the 4.3 clark that I got it with. The R tank mounts differently. Basically it requires cutting off the pins that hold the rubber donuts and welding on new threaded mounts. I think I (my bro, really) used some 7/16 bolts drilled and tapped. I will try and get some pics. Not hard if you have a welder (or know someone who does :thumbsup:)!

IMG098.jpg

Found this in a lock up,bought it cheap.

looked a mess but most was cosmetic.

Just finished top end rebuild new rockers etc new clutch, side panels, oil seals here and there, rewire, new back tyre, chain, sprokets.

Here comes the summer !!

finally made it out to rowher this weekend. i have really been missing out.

i couldnt believe how well my piggie handled everything.

rowher3.jpg

rowher2.jpg

rowher1.jpg

makes me feel like im on top of the world.

heres my 83 xl600r. got it for 500, plan on converting back to street legal. should i try to find old honda parts or get a baja designs kit.????

XL600R004.jpg

XL600R001.jpg

What all are you missing? Turn signals and a brake/tail light are what I'm seeing in the pics. If you just need a couple things like that, it would be much cheaper sourcing parts than buying the BD kit.

Nice find, by the way! :smirk:

Looks good. Also mirrors and maybe horn? Not sure where you live, but there appears to be a complete XL 600r being parted out in Seattle's Craigslist.

Also, I wonder what changed on your stock exhaust- looks like someone pulled the guts out and inserted a tail piece- very loud? interesting...

What all are you missing? Turn signals and a brake/tail light are what I'm seeing in the pics. If you just need a couple things like that, it would be much cheaper sourcing parts than buying the BD kit.

Nice find, by the way! :smirk:

thanks!

its missing quite a bit, all signals, brake light, ignition was punched (not stolen i checked the vin) kill switch, mirrors, brake sensor, indicator? box next to the speedometer, front light fairing and light mounts are broken... probably even more when i get into it...

if i do chose the BD kit, is the wiring simple, like one power cable to battery and ground? they obviously dont make a kit for the xl600 but i found one for the xr600 that would probably be my best bet... i emailed them a week ago with no response.

Looks good. Also mirrors and maybe horn? Not sure where you live, but there appears to be a complete XL 600r being parted out in Seattle's Craigslist.

Also, I wonder what changed on your stock exhaust- looks like someone pulled the guts out and inserted a tail piece- very loud? interesting...

i live in BC near vancouver, thanks ill check that ad out, maybe he will ship.

not sure what was done to the exhaust, but its not loud!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By Jrog'theTrailBlazer
      Need help with my 83-84 xr500r jumped timing need someone who can give me the right motor specs as i know the manuals are not 100%. also pointers on my walkthrew thanks 

• By Firestone
      I have quite a few things I need to thin out of my shop. Prices are for items only. Shipping extra. Please Pay attention to my shipping policy:

I ship twice per month. When you inquire about an item, I will tell you when the next ship date is. It takes a couple of hours out of my day to get things to the shipping outlet so I will ship as many items as possible at once. If you don't like this, don't buy my items or be willing to pay extra for special accommodations. I will be as reasonable as possible.

I will combine/box multiple items to save you as much as possible on shipping. Prices are OBO, but I am not going to take the time to box something up for nearly nothing. I have a very demanding work load this fall.

It will take me a few days to have pictures up on all this stuff.

1) 1994 XR600R Frame $125

2) 1991 XR600R Frame $110

3) 1987 XR600R motor, kicks over smooth, coughed and sputtered when I first got it before taking bike apart. $475

4) 2013 XR650L Header Pipe $30

5) 1987 XR600R Header Pipe $30

6) Cobra Muffler for XR600R/XR650L $50

7) Swing Arm A for XR600R, Disc Brake Version (New Chainguide tabs welded on- you drill and tap) $85

8) Swing Arm B for XR600R, Disc Brake Version, Hole in arm from who knows what. Otherwise in good condition. $48

9) Forks for 90's XR600R- Two Sets $40/set

10) XR600R Triple Clamps $35

11) XR600R Stem $25

12) XR600R/XR650L IMS 4.0 Gallon Fuel Tank (White) $165

13) 1995 XR600R Seat- Fair condition $45

14) XR600R Rear Shock- Professionally Rebuilt by Cannon Racecraft Suspension $250

15) Assortment of Rear Springs 2 Stockers (purple) and (yellow) and {one*** SOLD to @mcma111 *** Racecraft 11.4 Rate. $45 for 11.4,} make offer on others

16) Two Sets of XR600R Linkage $35/set

17) Spare XR600R flywheel $25

18) XR600R Airbox, 90's type, Fair condition $25

19) Dual Carbs, 87' XR600R unknown condition $25

20) 2013 XR650L Smog Pump $15

21)*** SOLD *** XR400R Stock Carb $45

22) XR400R Stock Forks 30 hours since rebuild (no springs) $110

23) XR250R Stock Forks- 10 hours since rebuild $110

24) XR400R Fork Springs .54 rate, cannon racecraft $58

25) ***SOLD to *** XR650L Cylinder bored over 101mm, free plus shipping as that is how it was sent to me. FREE

26) *** SOLD *** XR650L Cylinder head some damage where a cam or chain broke, journals appear usable, no warranty - $40

27) 1996 XR400R subframe. $45

• By cyclopz
      so today I was going to go out for a ride, almost got to my buddies house, when the bike died, thought it was maybe out of gas, so i pulled in the clutch and went on reserve. I was still rolling so i popped it up into 3rd to try to roll start it, but no luck. stopped and pulled of to the side to try and kick it. the engine was siezed. this had happened before once and it ran fine after i let it cool down. so i let it sit and got a cup of coffee. i came back out to start her up, but i couldnt find tdc. the kick start would turn and turn but no hard point. it was harder to kick through the cycles and it has a weird squeek sound from the cylinder. any ideas on what happened or what the problem is??? it was running just fine 2 weeks ago i took it out on a 6 hr ride no overheating nothing. i has just been out of service because i cracked the tank in a biff about 3 rides ago. 
    • By Billy White
      Hi all, long time stalker first time poster.
      Had my xr600r a few years now brought it with everything done lucky. 
      Anyway it has sat in the shed for 3 or so years regoed and ready to 
      Roll just to lazy to get my Lience. Now have it and I'm riding it to work 
      Everyday saving ks on the car doing about 200 250 km a week, 
      Loving the bike hasn't missed a beat but doing 80% of that 
      Highway I want to set up for 100% road. 
      I have picked up a set of cbr600 rims done some maching on them
      Got them to start fitting and taking shape but gave up on the idea
      Now I have my Lience it's back on. 

Has anyone on here done it? how much work is realy involved? Is the
      Juice worth the squeeze?? Ect ect. Send in your pics cbr rims or not
      show me your rigs!!  I will have plenty more questions to ask you all that have
       Cheers.