Which of these bikes is your primary ride?   3,807 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4,413 posts in this topic

After 3 years of slowing moding the bike. I got it to all black and white. Just need to powder coat the rear rack so it stays black. :bonk:

IMG_6298.jpg

IMG_6295.jpg

IMG_6296.jpg

I just finished a USD Swap and many other mods over the winter. Stoked for the upcoming riding season.

Here is my 2001

d0e02ba3.jpg

d29c2d8a.jpg

Worked on pig jumping for the afternoon. My wife got a couple pix to share:

424852_3488033765614_1414547819_33343377_1189890326_n.jpg

420036_3488034845641_1414547819_33343380_595836642_n.jpg

427083_3488036405680_1414547819_33343384_21327940_n.jpg

This is not the landing from the jumps above, but even with the USD suspension and a Race-Tech Gold Valve the XRL is a bit heavy to be hopping about:

419148_3488038725738_1414547819_33343389_2058829241_n.jpg

1 person likes this

Well, here you go folks. Its a 2002 model with full FMF system, Clarke tank, stage 1 Dynojet and Uniair filter. Can't claim to have done these myself as luckily it was already done when I picked the bike up (only a week ago). Anyway, few additional mods planned e.g. skid plate, Rally Raid screen, rear and side luggage racks from Precision Motorcycle Racks and if the purse string allow, a couple of those Solstice Xenon spot lamps.

A photo to be going on with, used a couple of easy, dirt lanes on the way to work the other morning :thumbsup:

IMG_0047.jpg

1 person likes this

Got ahold of my Bros T2i, been slowly modding/ building it for 1 &1/2 years now.

Lots of duct tape and spray mods as well as some cheap cosmetics, but she has come a long way

Origonal:

0905091923.jpg

0729092002.jpg

Today:

DPP_0161.jpg

DPP_0166.jpg

NOplate.jpg

any suggestions for cheap easy upgrades? I have red duct tape

This is not the landing from the jumps above, but even with the USD suspension and a Race-Tech Gold Valve the XRL is a bit heavy to be hopping about:

419148_3488038725738_1414547819_33343389_2058829241_n.jpg

that looks like your about to hurt in a special place lol

that looks like your about to hurt in a special place lol

Na. I don't think I even bent my knees much more than that.

im going to say you MISSED the landing ramp :thumbsup:

Nope, after landing, there is a berm to make a turn. But on the pig, it's really hard to get slowed down enough to make the turn. So I usually just goose it and jump the berm too. The compression in the photo is from landing on the flat ground at a fairly slow speed. Here is a pic of my son making a turn on the berm:

IMG_0800.JPG

Me, with too much speed to make the turn on the berm:

IMG_0813.JPG

Edited by Memnok

Long delayed rebuild nearly done!

XR600small.jpg

Bought this bike 1.5 yrs ago. It was a tatty basket case with oil leaks, rattly top end, rusty frame and rounded off bolt heads.

Stripped it down and had the frame PC'ed and started putting it together. Things got in the way and time flew. Finally put some effort ond got it running. Rode 30k's to work this morning and all worked fine.

New bore and piston, timing chain, new 3 and 4th gears and c shaft, new bearings and seals. Ultrasoinc cleaned carb.

Baja, DS Kit, Trailtech Vapor. Dirtbagz

Some odds and ends are coming in, like bigger Clarke tank.

Stuff to do: Make a dashboard out of alu so I can see the Vapor. Get the header and exhaust heat painted. Make a rack for my downhill skateboard and stuff. New or clean up sdepanels, new seatcover.

Want to do: New head and rocker cover, better carb. Studded tire for the winter

Thanks to my brother for making me get on with it. Pwrpap and Cyclewizard for getting me the piston, Horri, for good advice and all way helping, elsalvadorklr for inspiration!

Edited by no66
1 person likes this

here is mine in its current state(never mind the metal xr250l tank) it was what came with the bike and is temporary till I get my new clarke

xr600005-2.jpg

cheers

Did a 'lil work that was needed and some that wasn't.

New chain & sprockets, (14/48 - back to stock for now)

New steering head bearings, races & seals

New moto-z tyres.

New fork boots - black

New (to me) head/tail/brake lights & blinkers.(not completely hooked up yet)

New black paint on the side plates

New (to me) 2007 CRF fenders

New rear wheel bearings

New rear fender bag

New MX boots (I got for Christmas)

New AFX helmet on it's way

Almost ready to rip for the season!

Got rid of all the blue. I really didn't like the way the blue looked with the rest of the bike.

Trying to decide if I want to paint some sort of stripes on the tank...??? (opinions welcome).

There are shots of when I first bought it, then how it looked for the last 2 seasons, & then some of how it looks now...

Pics.....

http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/ae18 ... d%20After/