Which of these bikes is your primary ride?   3,814 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4,418 posts in this topic

^ Please don't tell me that you did pay $2100 for that. That was a joke, right?

NZ dollar dude....paid $1500 for the XR,600freight,shit aint cheap here Edited by 93XR600R

$2100 NZD = $1721.17 USD. You got really screwed. That things worth less then $500 USD. That guy should give you some NZD back.

$2100 NZD = $1721.17 USD. You got really screwed. That things worth less then $500 USD. That guy should give you some NZD back.

haha yeah for sure dude,shoulda kept my damn husky!!

how is a running xr600 worth less than 500?

geeez

what did you do the last 5 reincarnations?

Im on my 2nd...3rd for the bike. its an 88.

nice classy fotos btw!

Finally getting around to uploading some photos of 2012 I bought last September.

20121.jpg

New in the garage, didn't ride it until all mods were done, which didn't start for 5 days, and weren't complete for another week.

20122.jpg

Stripped it down, removed all the unnecessary switches, etc.

20128.jpg

Gusseted the frame a little.

20127.jpg

Dave's mods

20126.jpg

Dave's mods

20125.jpg

Home made smog off kit.

20124.jpg

desmog cont.

20123.jpg

installed zerks in the linkage.

20129.jpg

And the most important of all, sent all the suspension to Moto-Pro Suspension out of Washington for full valving, shimming, and set up for my riding style. John at moto-pro.com does it right, and has a great knowlege of XRs. .50 front springs, heavy comp shimming, 11.5 rear, heavy rebound shimming. Ultra slick oils, and some minor fine tuning, and this pig now rocks.

201210.jpg

Looks mostly stock, but it runs and handles beautifully. Don't need loud exhaust, just the necessities.

IMS super stock pegs, clarke 4.9 tank, moose hand guards, LED tail light, baja designs blinkers, home made folding mirrors, pro taper bars, thumpertalk skid plate, wired for Garmin 60cx and Endurance computer. When I ride off-road, I switch rims and use a Pirelli MT43 on the rear, and currently a Dunlop 908 on the front.

Air cooled and ultra reliable for any ride in front of it, I love my BRP !

Edited by riderdnf
3 people like this

nice sleepr pig! jajaja

suspension mods make you go the fastest...congrats....money well spent!

cheers

Well, here you go folks. Its a 2002 model with full FMF system, Clarke tank, stage 1 Dynojet and Uniair filter. Can't claim to have done these myself as luckily it was already done when I picked the bike up (only a week ago). Anyway, few additional mods planned e.g. skid plate, Rally Raid screen, rear and side luggage racks from Precision Motorcycle Racks and if the purse string allow, a couple of those Solstice Xenon spot lamps.

A photo to be going on with, used a couple of easy, dirt lanes on the way to work the other morning :thumbsup:

IMG_0047.jpg

What a cool ride to work! Is that a green lane?

Just installed the 4.7 gal Clarke tank. I like this bike. Has a E2 exhaust, Devol lowering link, and a 14T XR650R front sprocket. I see people with graphics for the Clarke tank but have been unable to find them.

2012-04-09201437.jpg

2012-03-12105726-1.jpg

P3130531.jpg

P3020476.jpg

P3020474-2.jpg

Edited by bluffskier
1 person likes this