Which of these bikes is your primary ride?   3,807 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4,413 posts in this topic

heres my 2000 xr650r, picked her up for $3k (AUS) she needed a new headlight unit, new mirrors as the old ones were cracked, new brake discs and front tyre and just a decent clean up, shes at the mech shop getting a roadworthy (aswell as the front tyre and brake discs) so she'll be registered this avro and riden hard tonight :)

Before:

IMAG1090.jpg

IMAG1091-1.jpg

After:

IMAG1143.jpg

The Red is cool lookin, dosn't look as crappy as black does once scratched AND...Red is more visable and might save your life from another driver!

I like the graffix that were on it in the first pic. They made the Yellow fork protetors work! A new set would be Nice!

probably going to stick with red as i'm trying to keep costs down and yeah i didnt mind the decals but they had gone all brittle and cracked, and the glue was starting to let go all over so not much holding them on. hate the yellow fork covers, thinking of getting a set of those neoprene shock socks things.

I think those neoprene deals trap debris. I used em on my 02 KTM and it made no difference in seal life. I think they look stupid too..LOL I like the yellow boots with those yellow pin stripped stickers.

pretty sure you're suppost to clean them out every now and again. think i might just wait till i have the forks off and change them to black, just cant stand the yellow

Back in late May, I showed a photo of my 1983 XL600R when new in post # 2843:

http://www.thumperta...st__p__10072180

I bought it new in October 1983 at Barber Honda in Ventura, CA. I rode it through the end of 1989 and parked it with 8,000 miles on it and let the registration and insurance lapse. I decided to freshen it up in 2000, but only got a little bit of work done and set the project aside. I decided this last April that I would do my own wrenching and get ready(parts and tools) for a 24,000 mile service on my 2000 BMW R1150GS and to get this Honda back in service. Since then, I've been going through the bike an hour or two in the evenings and longer sessions on weekends and finished it Friday, then lined up insurance, got an inspection, and got an new title and registration. The bike started literally on the first kick and runs great. I've run about 125 miles on it since Friday and will probably be out on it again tomorrow.

Here is is now:

P1010141.jpg

P1010131.jpg

Edited by GSBruce
5 people like this

A few pics of my recently purchased my XR600 -94

Mods so far:

* Big Gun silencer

* Opened airbox

* Rejetted carb

* Maxima airfilter

* 97.50mm piston

* Mildly ported head

* Pipercross filter for crankcase

* Motion Pro Terminator clutch cable

* MSR shorty levers

* MSR clutch perch

* Fatbar handlebar

* Maier MX rear fender

* Polisport CRF450 front fender

Parts waiting to be mounted:

* Wide pegs

* XRsOnly caseguard

* XRsOnly magnetic drainplugs

* XRsOnly billet chokeplate

* Oil thermometer

* Header gaskets (after header is ported and coated)

* Other head more ported

And the pics:

bild1.jpg

bild2.jpg

bild3.jpg

Winding up a build... some details left but its got errand runner status as of yesterday. The build thread is in the general street bike forum. Not sure what to call it yet, maybe the odd pig? hah

DSCF1496.jpg

Winding up a build... some details left but its got errand runner status as of yesterday. The build thread is in the general street bike forum. Not sure what to call it yet, maybe the odd pig? hah

DSCF1496.jpg

Must. Know. Tire. Sizes!