Which of these bikes is your primary ride?   3,808 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4,413 posts in this topic

Here is my 1986 XL600r BRP. Thing was a complete disaster when got it. Still needs some work but here she is ATM. Going to try to put a thread up for the trials and tribulations she put me.

Live in Mojave desert so i have not seen how she does in the summer at 100+F but during the winter doesn't get past 200F. Took it out for a 90 mile round trip to Barstow, CA at 65-70 mph and did just fine. She's geared with 15 on the front and a 40 on the back. Needs a couple of odds and ends but they are mostly stuff that is obsolete but ill make due.

cimg0199g.jpg

2 people like this

A couple of photos from last summer touring around Europe. Did nearly 3,000 miles in about a week and the bike breezed it. Top bike and so capable!..............and yes, there really is a small village in Austria with that name. There's a couple of other villages with 'interesting names' too but sadly no photos yet!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

2 people like this

Very cool. What have you done to your bike to make it a good ride for 3k miles? Gearing? Did you have to reinforce the frame for the great on the back? What seat do you have on it? I would love to do some long trips on mine.

Very cool. What have you done to your bike to make it a good ride for 3k miles? Gearing? Did you have to reinforce the frame for the great on the back? What seat do you have on it? I would love to do some long trips on mine.

It's got a larger Clarke tank on it, Renthal bars with bar risers and of course, the Rally Raid screen makes a huge difference. I think the seat is standard but it did have a sheepskin on it. I fitted some of the larger foot pegs from XRs Only and it has an oil cooler too. The gearing for the trip was a 15 front sprocket and a 48 rear which let it cruise at 70mph fairly easily.

As for the frame it hasn't any reinforcement but to be honest the bags look worse than they were. All the kit in them was pretty light stuff really.

..........the only other modification was me, I adjusted my attitude to riding and just didn't expect to get anywhere too quickly. It worked out just fine really and having 4 other guys to ride with really helped.

100_2355.jpg

This is my first love. 95 E900 Ducati Elefant. Complete rebuild and paint.

This is the second love. 95 XR650L when it was all stock.

100_2398.jpg

Edited by GONE14S

73363_554445517899962_1566602432_n.jpg

My bike All cleaned up. Just got it in November. In love with it so much, I'm selling my R6 ;P

Just picked up this '05 XR650L. Nicely modded but haven't set bars, sag, preload, etc. to my liking yet.

IMG_1872.jpg

Nice looking one there Goose.

Edited by cbretr2