Which of these bikes is your primary ride?   3,814 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4,418 posts in this topic

Damn nice!

i hope you did not drive after that haha :goofy:

airflow in the face is the best for a hangover :thumbsup:

me and the pig! I got a few rides like this before my baby comes! jajajaja

peace

100_1037_zps65905c7a.jpg

Now I can put a face to the name! Strange how I would not know most of the regulars if I ran into them on the street!
2 people like this

Now I can put a face to the name! Strange how I would not know most of the regulars if I ran into them on the street!

strange indeed, we should post more pics of us, not just the bikes... so we can assimilate better and TREAT eachother better!

cheers bud

take care

Damn nice!

i hope you did not drive after that haha :goofy:

airflow in the face is the best for a hangover :thumbsup:

One of our group could just about walk the next day, never mind ride ha ha!

image.jpg

Here is my 2k 650L on top of the mountain overlooking my home in NC. All stock except for jetting and KN. Have a new set of Michelin T63's and 14t sprocket to install.

image.jpg

Here is my 2k 650L on top of the mountain overlooking my home in NC.

I know there's hundreds of overlooks like that in WNC but I swear I know that spot, is it near Max Patch?

Santa brought me a 84' XR 80 for Christmas when I was 7. I used it to drag dead trees to my parents house for firewood when I got home from school. Fast forward 25+ years and I it soon became apparent that driving 5+ hours to ski resorts to ride downhill mountain bikes every weekend was not nearly as fun w/ a baby in the car. So i did the logical thing and watched Dust to Glory 10 times and came to the conclusion that I needed to buy a 650r. That was 4 years and a bunch of mods and miles ago. :rolleyes:

650+ 006.JPG

TEAMPINEY

is your seat foam shaved down?

very nice bike and shed btw

Ceet foam standard firmness. Not shaved at all.

Thanks for the comp. :thumbsup:

1 person likes this

Hey everyone! I am new to this forum. I have had my 2000 XR650L for only 9 months now, and have just recently started to get her out on the trails!!!! Such a blast.

Pretty much stock. two brothers exhaust, clarke tank.

XR650L Gravel Road.jpg

Edited by 13Dhex

UsiniYS.jpg

sebastacruz is that the sidepanel mod on your xr6? details please if you could, also what you did jetting wise after?

thanks

very nice bike btw

It's a 650L pig, though I did remove the lead acid battery and associated bracketry. Stuffed a shorai battery in the airbox and rewired the fuses, starter solenoid etc... The sidepanel mod was only to compensate for essentially plugging the snorkel. With just Dave's mods, header wrap, and an fmf q slip on it's jetted 55/158 I think. At sea level in Santa Cruz.

I've had a cam sitting on my bench for a year but, it's really not worth doing without a piston and carb, and while I've got it apart I'd probably do the kickstart conversion and nx 2nd gear. The thing still rips at around 50k miles and the original clutch, guess it helps to be the original owner. Gotta love the pig.

Edited by sebastacruz
1 person likes this

I hear you on the cam thing...I have an hrc cam replica with full rocker and spring set..it works great but not full potential at all...with the twin headers and mikuni flatslide it became better than stock significantly but i JUST cant convince myself of using a forged slappy piston when I have such good performance and reliabilty from my stock piston...

so ill run that piston into the ground then save up for a high comp someday...or an hrc replica piston by cw

anywhoo

thanks

back to pics!

new shot with restored oem 88 twin header setup:

100_1050_zps648c00fd.jpg

Edited by elsalvadorXR6
1 person likes this