Which of these bikes is your primary ride?   3,814 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4,418 posts in this topic

Nice! She looks bran new, how much did you steal her for?

Thanks. 4 grand. No regrets. I put the Vapor on it and ordered the Clarke 4.3 tonight.

My 2000 Aussie Pig getting a 2005 1x race replica makeover :)

e_zps33768cf7.jpg

e2_zpsed339ae5.jpg

e1_zps955e6d37.jpg

e5_zps9a1047bc.jpg

e4_zpsd6d4ee0e.jpg

Good Good

Maybe a stronger case saver ?

Edited by backyard hack
1 person likes this

Good Good

Maybe a stronger case saver ?

Stronger than the XR's only one?  I don't know of any.  The 1x bike didn't even have one, I guess they trusted their DID chains!

Have tried to upload pics but keeps telling me Im cant upload this type of file??? So how do I post pics (PS Your talking to a pc illiterate)

IMG_1042.JPG

2005 XRR.

IMG_1046.JPG

With my custom heat gun worked Lexan windscreen. 

Small pics.  have not figured out how to enlarge them yet...

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1376945368.910704.jpg

I'd really like to get a newer look going with my BRP. I suppose I could powder-coat my rims, will that work long term? Otherwise, I'd just assume buy some from someone here, black or red preferably. Thoughts on powder coating?

Edited by Revgmoney

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1376945368.910704.jpg I'd really like to get a newer look going with my BRP. I suppose I could powder-coat my rims, will that work long term? Otherwise, I'd just assume buy some from someone here, black or red preferably. Thoughts on powder coating?

I wouldn't powder-coat unless they were road/sumo wheels, stones will chip them in no time.  You can get rims re-anodized though, but it would most likely be almost as cheap to just get new rims.

I wouldn't powder-coat unless they were road/sumo wheels, stones will chip them in no time. You can get rims re-anodized though, but it would most likely be almost as cheap to just get new rims.

Thanks lostsaffa.

FrankenPig -

Just finished grafting on a KLR650 rear wheel.  Up front she's wearing a 276mm Africa Twin rotor squeezed by a Suzuki DL1000 caliper.  Stock engine w/ Dave's carb mod, cleaned up the electrics with a MOSFET regulator and a Lithium Iron Phosphate battery.  Home-made oil cooler based on a Baker Precision core.  I beat it like a rented mule.

9573317800_40972ddd86_b.jpg

Edited by LexLeroy