Which of these bikes is your primary ride?   3,809 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4,415 posts in this topic

Thanks Jeff at the Quad shop for schooling me on URLs :thumbsup:

I had stopped after wrestling my BRP to that point on a logging road only to watch a D9 Cat cruise past me heading down the hill ! :)

Here's my Rally PIG. I haven't painted the fairing yet. still thinking of color scheme. I want it Red, black and white.

P2220096.sized.jpg

Did some upgrades to my bike : Excels black, 5" rear instead of Akronts.

CRF450 fork instead of CR500 fork

Carbon headlight

More to come. :twisted:

afbeelding117tu1.jpg

afbeelding112oh8.jpg

afbeelding116rb1.jpg

afbeelding114qb4.jpg

Did some upgrades to my bike : Excels black, 5" rear instead of Akronts.

CRF450 fork instead of CR500 fork

Carbon headlight

More to come. :twisted:

That exhaust is HUGE !!! :thumbsup:

What kind is it? Are those cooling fins on it or what? Looks custom made actually?

It looks LOUD ?

VERY, VERY NICE XR though buddy! :thumbsup:

That exhaust is HUGE !!! :busted:

What kind is it? Are those cooling fins on it or what? Looks custom made actually?

It looks LOUD ?

VERY, VERY NICE XR though buddy! :thumbsup:

The exhaust is an EVO Monnier system,Swiss made. Loud? Old FIM norm for SM-MX : 98Db.

The "fins" are pieces of motor belt as crashprotect...:thumbsup:

She's big, she's fat and she ain't too pretty but she keeps on coming. This was changing a front flat about an hour before the Rubicon where the trail and I kicked the crap out of each other. I guess I got kicked the most but we made it.

DSCN0426.jpg

XMANU, where'd you get that carbon fiber headlight? Were those the lights that came with it, that dual small halogen setup, or was that somehting you rigged up?

Honda has now started private transcontinental flights....didn't anyone tell you they have wings?

Nateairtime.jpg

PIGS CAN FLY! PIGS CAN FLY ! :thumbsup::applause:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By _RaStA_RoCkEt_
      Hey there, TT. What's good... you been partying? Hope so.

ANYHOW;
      Ripping my new (to me) 00' XR-R on some fire roads last night up in the Lost Coast and WHAM! There went the chain! It took the OEM case saver and 1/2-3/4 of each mounting bolt with it... which was concerning, but not as concerning as if I had seen the oil draining from a nice new 'modded' hole in the case cover. Yay! (to cheaper repair) No! (to repairs at all) 
      Few concerns I have about going through the repair process which seems fairly well documented:
      1) Since I nearly sheared the bolts on the sides of the case, I presume that my bike will need the XR's Only case saver. Fortunately, it uses the rear engine mounting bolt to hold on, but still uses the two OEM mounts as well. The top OEM hole seems deep enough to drill easily... but:
      How far can I drill the LOWER one to re-thread w/out punching my feared 'hole in the case'? 
      2) I removed my countershaft sprocket as I sat there waiting for a my AAA flatbed, and noticed that about 1/2 of the countershaft sprocket splines were gone! Further, the retaining ring (w/ the two 10mm head bolts) was worn significantly as well, allowing the countershaft sprocket to do some proper movement...
      Any suggestions on how to fix THAT? 
      (I had this problem (#2) on an XR-L, and replaced with a PBI XR-R sprocket to limit wear, since the splines were longer... this seems a bit worse. I ordered, along with the chain, a Ironman front 15T sprocket to replace my worn PBI... but I dk about 'restoration' of the splines on the countershaft itself.)

Any ideas? / Pictures for the interested... as soon as I find a website that isn't Photobucket! 
    • By Jonathan Wall
      Hi everyone I just purchased a 1986 XL600r that was running ok when I bought it two days ago, but would bog down around 1/4 throttle. I drove it around some yesterday staying off the throttle, and she did fine , but not running quite right.  At one point after shutting her down in town, had a real hard time (10 minutes) trying to restart her. I finally got her started and got her home. I tried to fire her up the next day in order to try and tune the carb for the altitude Im at. 
      Long story short, she just wouldnt start (wheras before it was very easy to start) - almost like she wasnt getting spark. Well I pulled the plug wire boot and the wire was completely disconnected from the coil! I figured this wire having been super loose while riding was likely the poor throttle issue I was having. Well reconnected to the plug wire to what I think was the coil, then pulled the plug to check that it was super black and sooty. I replaced with a new plug and.... still nothing. Not even close to turning over.
      Whats going on here? My next step is replacing the ignition coil and wire with a new one, but anything else I'm missing here? Thanks.
      edit: this bike had a new stator installed last summer.
    • By TheLastByte
      How the hell are you supposed to get that thing out? I bought that overpriced motion pro tool, tried heating it and soaking it, and it still will not move a millimeter. Do I have to use an impact driver, or do I have to drill the peening out? Can I reuse the retainer once it is out? Can I just loctite it back in later, or should I re-peen it?
    • By MurrietaRob
      This bike has only 249 original miles - is OEM including 1994 red, white, and blue color scheme, bike was garaged and covered and only ridden a few miles a year as it was NOOP registered for past 18 years - bike is street registered now, transferred from family, clean title. Only updates are new D606 tires, battery, and all fluids, etc changed.  Bike is in excellent condition and runs even better; includes original tool kit too!
    • By akitsen
      I'm looking to convert my xr650r to full DC power and was wondering if anyone here was using a terminal bus bar ? something like this one : https://www.amazon.com/DSC-TB01-Terminal-Block-Splits-Input/dp/B005K49NMW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1510464051&sr=8-2&keywords=bus+bar&dpID=310kVzto9uL&preST=_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
      I'm looking to make the wiring a bit more simplified if possible, and have a single organized place like this that everything can connect to and run to battery would be incredibly useful.
      Thoughts ? Suggestions ?