denro

Which of these bikes is your primary ride?  

4331 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

• 2 weeks later...

HONDA XR600
1989 xr 600 motor with xl 600 jug and head-bored to 101mm ,Wiseco piston
Motor and trans have been rebuilt ,cam chain, bearings, gaskets, new crank and rod, new valve guides and seals, new clutch plates.ect.
Dual carbs/rebuilt, New pulse generator,
Powder coated older frame, SHOWA front forks, Gold XR rims, Renthal bars, FMF silencer
OTHER NEW PARTS: All cables, Sprockets and chain, grips, swing arm bearings

Probably for sale soon.  Thanks

b7.jpg

b2.jpg

• Like 3

My 92 XR600. Street plated, auto decomp deleted, FMF pipe, uni filter, led headlights with custom surround, rewound stator, custom wiring harness and battery, jetted, ported/polished, XL250 speedo, heavily plained head, full plastidip paint job and much more that I'm probley forgetting.

IMG_20161226_134932.jpg

_20170114_121810.JPG

• Like 4

The windshield on my bike is a German made MRA RO series smoke. It fits nicely and the attachment fittings are top quality. That's what sold me on this windshield. All the others I looked at were junk with the way they attached. They have taller and shorter ones too. I got mine from Twisted Throttle.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/mra-roadshield-ro-universal-motorcycle-windshield-clear-smoke-or-all-black

They are also top notch for XR650L accessories. I bought the rear fender/frame extension support brackets from them too. Their website is misbehavin' right now or I'd post a link to the support brackets too. OK, got it to work.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-motech-sub-frame-support-arms-for-honda-xr650l-93-16-silver 

Here's what the Givi Tailbox looks like from behind.

Cape May 9-7-2013 016 (Large).JPG

Cape May 9-7-2013 014 (Large).JPG

Edited by JenniferG

On 2/8/2017 at 9:25 AM, Red97 said:

My 92 XR600. Street plated, auto decomp deleted, FMF pipe, uni filter, led headlights with custom surround, rewound stator, custom wiring harness and battery, jetted, ported/polished, XL250 speedo, heavily plained head, full plastidip paint job and much more that I'm probley forgetting.

IMG_20161226_134932.jpg

_20170114_121810.JPG

rad bike! Is that a custom headlight? I like it

Yes it is. the lights are LED one for low beam and both for high beam. The cage is made from retail store shelving and a piece of round stock , the upper fairing is from an XR500 that i cut down and plastidipped, and the blue sides are from a heavy binder cover lol.

1 hour ago, Red97 said:

Yes it is. the lights are LED one for low beam and both for high beam. The cage is made from retail store shelving and a piece of round stock , the upper fairing is from an XR500 that i cut down and plastidipped, and the blue sides are from a heavy binder cover lol.

Man you did a really good job! How did you get the lights to be 1 on low and 2 on high?