Which of these bikes is your primary ride?   3,814 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

• XR650R
    • XR650L
    • XR600R
    • XL600
    • Other XL/XR

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4,418 posts in this topic

Actually I should have been more specific, he replaced the foam with a high quality automotive foam that he uses doing interiors. It was far more dense than the stock foam and he simply forms it and creates whatever you want. The seat is so comfortable compared to stock.:thumbsup:

I could imagine. That's the whole philosophy behind corbin and sargent seats, which Ive had on all my bikes less the piggy. Looks like he raised the rear too?

You ride 2 up alot? My wife rides with me every now and then when we dont feel like driving (every day?). Nothing like showing up to a restaurant in the city, coat check your helmets, then kick over the old pig as you and your lady drift into the sunset.

Well I take that back, I'll take my weekend rides any day. I guess life is just all good on the piggy.:thumbsup:

xr600126copyeq7.jpg

I could imagine. That's the whole philosophy behind corbin and sargent seats, which Ive had on all my bikes less the piggy. Looks like he raised the rear too?

You ride 2 up alot? My wife rides with me every now and then when we dont feel like driving (every day?). Nothing like showing up to a restaurant in the city, coat check your helmets, then kick over the old pig as you and your lady drift into the sunset.

Well I take that back, I'll take my weekend rides any day. I guess life is just all good on the piggy.:thumbsup:

xr600126copyeq7.jpg

i like your set up...great job.:thumbsup:

Yes it is, you must be a pretty much street rider shark. Where did you get the wave rotors? everything on the front brake stock except for the rotors? any big difference in stopping power?

those '97 tank graphics are sitting in my motorcycle-superstore cart right now. seeing them on a bike helps.

i like the clear tanks too, kinda baja style.

two great looking bikes.

Yes it is, you must be a pretty much street rider shark. Where did you get the wave rotors? everything on the front brake stock except for the rotors? any big difference in stopping power?

Not by choice. I’m still recovering from a ankle injury so I need to stay on the street for awhile longer. The wave rotors are Galfers. I see them on eBay but watch out with the front ones they sell. They do not fit the XR650L. The rotors for the NX650 fit the front on the XR650L. I have the correct part # if anyone needs it. The rest of the front brakes are stock. No, I don’t think the wave rotors stop any better but they sure look cool.

One of the best places for a picture of your bike is during a TT ride!

Like BWB63 says!

Me and my '00 XR600R in the SoCal desert.

dscf3156do2.jpg

One of the best places for a picture of your bike is during a TT ride!

DSCF31901.jpg

Isn't that the X-1 crash site?

Isn't that the X-1 crash site?

The Husky monument near Fremont peak. Its for fallen riders.

That looks like paradise. I have yet to get a ride in with another thumper rider. Its always ATV's, motocrossers or 4x4's these days.

That looks like paradise. I have yet to get a ride in with another thumper rider. Its always ATV's, motocrossers or 4x4's these days.

It was a Epic ride for sure. The comraderie w/other Thumper riders can not be beat! All the dudes I met on that trip, I am now proud to call my friends. Hey, theres plenty of time to get ready for the next one. Be worth the trip from 'Bama :thumbsup:

Ready for the Desert of Tunisia

That is a awesome bike.

I tried to purchase some of those 'XR-Italia' fender decals + join the forum, but I kept getting 'Errore' I think it would be awesome to get some of those fender decals. If any of my Italian-XR brothers could hook me up w/some I'd appreciate it...I could pay you Paypal or?? I just couldnt seem to get past the 'Errore' and euro payment....lol

No joke. PM if anyone can help??

Molto grazie!

~Guy