What are the Jobs of us fellow DRZ owners?

I don't think I am out of line by asking... If I am, I am sure you will let me know. :D... After reading for many a forum, I was just kinda curious... It seems to me we DRZ riders come from all walks of life. IMHO it is pretty cool!

I am currently working for the U.S. Navy in Sasebo, Japan... Doing computer work (I went OOC, a while back due to injuries)... But I am a machinist and welder by trade. Still slowly working on a degree, Poli Sci major, with a Pshyc, minor.... I more or less got called back to duty after 9-11 so my GI bill and education got put on the back burner. (No pun intended) :D

Take care all, if you happen to come to Japan lets go ride: I have 2...(I am healed by my account of things, 5lbs of metal in my arm isn't goin to slow me down, yet)... ?

If not, I get around alot so maybe I will see ya around. ?

• Like 1

Computer Geek here, I work for Hewlett Packard.

Also, I own a web hosting company Called Geekempirehosting.com

I am also starting to dabble in realestate... I bought an investment property which I am fixing up to resell for profit...

Prior service Army, 96B intel analyst...

Went to college on GI Bill, which doesn't pay nearly enough, B.A. and then an M.S. in Neurobiology, currently working in a transfusion medicine lab. Who knows what I'll do when I grow up? ? Actually hope to matriculate into medical school.

Sweet! Panaman... My mom used to work for HP in the bay area, california... What kinda work u do at HP? U don't have to say... Just curious. Hehe, not tring to collect intel on ne one... Just like meeting good people ?

O' BTW ne one who is listening, I started out shoveling u know what on my grandpa's farm. Now that takes skill... :D

Ur, from the central coast, rockchucker? If my memory does squat... I worked a little construction in CA. But I did a fair amount in the midwest.... Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska, Okla,... I guess I am kinda a jack of trades...

did you grow up in the central coast? I went to Righetti High.

I'm a petroleum geologist for a mid-sized oil company in Alberta, Canada. It's a great job, but I'm in an office all day and miss being outdoors.

I worked as a heavy equipment operator for about 10 years, started in high school and worked my way through university and a graduate degree. I miss it this time of year when it's warming up and things are getting rolling.

Waxy

"Went to college on GI Bill, which doesn't pay nearly enough, B.A. and then an M.S. in Neurobiology, currently working in a transfusion medicine lab. Who knows what I'll do when I grow up? Actually hope to matriculate into medical school."

So as a Neurobiologist do you study the brain or work on it?,... Or maybe it is you develop ways to work on it? And what do ya do in a transfusion lab? ?

Sorry, lol..... BUT<<< I knew that we came from all walks and ways of life!

And do not think "you" do not have a story to tell all! My best riding buddy works at a gas station (obviously he is much cooler than me!!!) and hooks up with an new girl almost everytime I see him! BASTARD! Lol... I have to laugh... or I would cry...

Mainly developing a molecular basis for neurological disorders, i.e. Alzheimer's, Parkinson’s, etc. I wrote my thesis on how early exposure to painful stimuli w/o anesthesia alters cortical development. The lab where I am currently working is a breather between medical school and or PhD, luckily they needed someone with experience running a variety of molecular assays, but I spent most of my time running a flow cytometer, looking at CD34 positive leukocyte viabilities post transplant.

Mechanical Engineer

Well actually I have been doing Fire Protection Engineering for the past 2 years, work at an Architecture and Engineering firm, so I dont do the fun Mechanical stuff...just industrial and commercial building design.