Sign in to follow this  

drz 440 vs stock sm dyno graphs

ive been bombarded with more dyno graph requests.

wondering what a 440 kit,hotcams and fcr cabr will do for S or SM?

this is my 01 drz.94.5 mm bore,13.5 to 1 piston but with S base gasket,and both hotcams.standard 108 lobe centers.

DRZ440VSSMHP.jpg

DRZ440VSSMTQ.jpg

As an idea maybe get a collection of these together and put them in a stickied thread :)

Kind of like the jetting, where people could add their own graphs with the appropriate information. I know, and it would need to be made obvious that you can't really compare them against each other but it would give people a general idea. Besides that I bet people would look at it more than the jetting one

:D

11 hp is impressive, especially when it is all bolt ons! the curve stays flatter and doesn't drop off as much as the stocker :)

I like the dyno sticky idea. Thanks for posting your info burned. 11hp is impressive.

It's 51.4 and I think about the same gain in torque as in hp. I miss being able to travel yet I'd miss it on a Goldwing just as much. My back is shot it's done for and finished. So I'll continue just here in town or truck the monster where I want to go. I am not giving up the extra hp because the back can't handle the traveling anyways. It sucks having a back that is shot while still under 60 but I had my first 3 back surgeries before I ever turned 30. Life may have threw me some lemons but so far I've just made lemonade and griped some about it. Heck I'm getting old I got to practice being crotchety somewhere. prairiedawg :):D

Same set up, but with E base gasket. The S base gasket is killing it. But then again, I can't go far with out some 100 octane fuel.

http://groups.msn.com/Redrodent1/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=6

i recently dropped the compression becuase im tutnring my drz back into street supermoto.my commute is much longer than it used to be.

i also went to a less agressive cam timing setting as well.

pdawgs bike makes 51hp with the same settingsmy 01 used to have.

as much as i hate to do it i have to run it on pump fuel.

So ideally I should be looking at somewhere around 50 as well, right?

depends on the dyno.on my dyno,yes i would expect to see 50hp from your motor.

but every dyno reads different.

unfortunately you dont have a baseline.

We've thought about getting bronco's done at the same time, then there would be at least that to compare it to.

Just got a call from mothership, bronco is down again I guess. Something about looseing his nuts when he got in a clutch.......message came through two women so you understand :)

I'll wait and make sure to take his bike so they will be tested same time/day etc.

burned-just curious, are those graphs real time mile high or corrected to sea level, 60 degrees, etc.

Just seen you dyno graph for the DRZ. 50 BHP is pretty impressive. I'm just about finished building mine to a similar spec. Just wondered what jetting you were using and what carb.

Eddie could i get a pm on some info for this winter if i forward air my motor to you and a possibilty of a dollar amount to do this to my SM? My workplace has a truck hoist so shipping should not be a problem.

What exhaust was on the bike? I already have the FCR/full RS3/3x3. I was planning on doing the 440 and hotcams so it will basically be identical depending on what exhaust was in use.

What could you expect with the RS-3 and RHC cams? Also your good to go with 91 octane and 13.5:1 with those cams correct?

Thanks,

Grant