Wildomar OHV Park(ing lot?)

My buddy and I decided to stay local rather than go to Big Bear, so we decided to meet at Wildomar OHV with the plan to head off into the National Forest. We're both dual-sport, so we rode in (From Irvine for me, from Perris for him.)

That was my first time to Wildomar and will be my last. How can they call it an OHV park? The trails extend out of the staging area for about a mile and that's it! They should come clean and just call it a camping area. It might have been a good spot to take the young'uns to teach them to ride, but the short trails were badly rutted from the rain, and slick with loose sand over hard pack.

Unfortunately our plan to ride the Nat'l Forest didn't work either. Everything is still closed. We tried to get in from several directions, but every place was securely gated. Aren't those damn frogs done mating yet?!

We ran into some street bikers hanging out at one of the gates. They were trying real hard to get us to force our way in anyway. One of them kept insisting he'd gone in just last week on his "bagger." &%$#@! is a "bagger?" I looked at the group of street bikes all parked together to see if I saw one with saddlebags, but none had any.

Oh well, at least I got to put some miles in and get away from the house for a bit.

the only way to get up to santiago peak is up the back way off of ortega hwy

Where off Ortega hwy? Is it legitimate or just a way to sneak in? We saw 3 different entrances all closed: the one right by Wildomar, the one at the other end of Killen Rd (across the 74), and the one all the way over at Silverado Canyon which was my first failed attempt early that morning (I had originally planned to take the fire roads all the way over from Irvine to Wildomar to meet up with my buddy).

How are the roads in the forest? In bad shape from the rains or have they fixed them up some?

Where off Ortega hwy? Is it legitimate or just a way to sneak in? We saw 3 different entrances all closed: the one right by Wildomar, the one at the other end of Killen Rd (across the 74), and the one all the way over at Silverado Canyon which was my first failed attempt early that morning (I had originally planned to take the fire roads all the way over from Irvine to Wildomar to meet up with my buddy).

How are the roads in the forest? In bad shape from the rains or have they fixed them up some?

This is my stomping grounds too. I'd like to know.

The roads are good no major ruts and as for the way in I'm not quite sure of name but it's just past the camp grounds and trailer park on the left hand side. ( coming from San Juan)

Are you referring to Casper's Park?

I rode there about two weeks ago and I'm talking about saddleback mountain (Santiago peak). Casper's is only a mountain bike park no motor vehicles, I ride there too I can connect there from the trails behind my house ?

It's fire season. Lots of closures in the O.C.

Wildomar is for the beginners.

There are some fire roads off the Ortega near the candy store but the 4 wheelers are hauling azz and you might meet up with one on a blind curve!!! Be careful ?

There are some fire roads off the Ortega near the candy store
I'm not quite sure of name but it's just past the camp grounds and trailer park on the left hand side. ( coming from San Juan)

Are you guys talking about the gate at bluejay campground and main divide?? or is there another road up there to get in on ? just wondering cause i have been all around up in that area and havent seen any trails around the candy store or just past the trailer park that can get you back up to santiago peak.

thanks, jeff

BTW - Dildomar sucks :D