Attention ThumperTalkers

Attention ThumperTalkers.

I desperately need someone to take over this site. Our monthly traffic has been phemominal and use has been awesome. But I just plain don't have the time to keep it up any more and you all deserve more than that.

Ideally, someone in the industry, like a Baja Designs or FMF would take over the discussion group as their own.

Or someone that has the time and energy to take it to another level and keep up it's content.

Thoughts?

Bryan...

I don't have the time and I'm computer illiterate but I would like to THANK YOU a ton for running such a great site that brings together so many knowledgable riders. This forum is packed with an immense amount of knowledge about ours bikes.

Thanks Again,

Khris

------------------

When in doubt, GAS IT!

Bryan,

I have lots of experience with this stuff, including The Ultimate Bulletin Board, and believe I can do it. Are you looking for someone to maintain it, or are you looking to get out of it altogether?

I may be willing to transfer the domain registration to my ISP if it's not too costly and take it over completely if that is what you want to do.

This site is a kick in the butt and I want to thank you for the excellent job you've done. I can't imagine what my workday would be like if I could not check in and see what's up on TT.

Bryan,

I have been here for a very long time and love this site. What you have provided is the best on the web. The people are the best, well most of them. By this I mean, with popularity comes more people and not everyone can behave.

Let me talk to Mike Carpenter (mcarp) he is in the computer field and could possibly help Ron.

I would love to be able to Moderate. There have been some posts here lately that are less than desirable. I saw one today that "MF'er" was used. I know my son (he reads TT) has heard this and possibly from me when trying to jet my bike ?, but this is a place I thought he'd never hear it.

If money is needed to buy more server space or whatever. There are many of us who would contribute. I know, since this has been discussed here before.

I would even suggest having a paid membership. I belong to another site and to post you have to be a member. They charge $20/year and this would certainly help keep the riff raff in check.

I will follow this thread for anything I can do.

THANKS AGAIN BRYAN...I LOVE YOU MAN!

Bill

------------------

86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC.

Bryan - There are rare sites (and this is one) where the people work well together and there are rarely never ending flame wars. I have a site for my Jeep (Jeeps Unlimited) that I've used to share/gather information, and have developed many friends all over the world. While I've been a member of this site a relative short time - it has the same feel to it. Great Job!

I agree with everything Bill said - so DITTO!!!

I too would like to thank Bryan for this awesome site. I have learned much over the time I have been visiting. I can't imagine being without it.

I don't have much to offer in the way of help, time is something I need more of too...

I certianly would not hesitate to pay a membership fee or help in any way I could.

Ron, thanks for your offer to help keep thumper talk alive! It would be good to keep TT "in the family".

Later and good luck!

Heywood

Bryan

Thanks for everything this site has been special for me and I have truly enjoyed partipating and working out problems with people all over the world. You have done an excellent job for a great number of people worldwide on through TT and my hat is off to you. I do not have the computer skills necessary to keep it up but would contribute to keep things going. I hope TT will continue under new stewardship well into the future.

Clark

Bryan,

I havn't been a member too long but this

is an excellent site. I have learned alot

and these members seem to really click.

Excellent dialouge and good hearted fun as well. You have no doubt dedicated alot of your personal time to keeping it all going. As a former IT person I know it's a thankless job. So thanks man, here's to you (let's all raise our beer glasses and try not to tear). Great job and may you have more time to shred Mother Earth with your Blue Beast!

Russ

------------------

'00 WR 400

UNCORKED, YZ TIMED

SNORKEL & LID REMOVED

STOP TRIMMED

My vote here against Bill being Mr Moderater.

Right Bill, Its OK for you to swear in front of your kid, but not OK for him to read it?

By saying you would like to be Mr moderater, you are saying that Bryan hasn't been doing a good job.

Would you delete this post I am now posting because it is not "friendly" to you?

I'm afraid you would use it to eliminate whatever YOU don't like... like a communist government.

No thanks.

Whoever is in charge ... Don't let it happen.

Maybe delete the m***f*** word itself... but not the whole post... or an opinion you simply don't agree with.

To be a good and fair moderator you have to have a very open mind.

And I forgot to say thank you to Bryan.

This place is real nice the way it is.

I wish I had computer or internet knowledge or skills to offer.... but I do not.

Don't worry guys. I certainly won't pull the plug. That's why I through out the request.

It's too valuable to me too.

I'll make some calls this weekend and we'll get it figured out.

I wish I could ride this weekend!

Bryan...

DeBarker,

I have just spent the last hour reading every one of your posts trying to figure out if I had offended you. I did not see anything :D Please tell me if I have...... off line.

I'm not "lobbying" to become a "Mr" moderator. I was only trying to offer what help I could, including monitary support. I do not have the skills to handle providing this site, but I do spend all day and up to about 10pm (EST) reading the site and could offer that service. I work in a PC based work environment and have this luxury.

I don't see where that is slighting Bryan for anything he has done ? Bryan has done a great job. I also said this site and the people on it are the best :D

I have not said MF'er in front of my sons, but I will not deny that I have said some curse words. This was my point :D

The delete/edit issue. I had done as I said I would, contacted Mike (mcarp) and asked if he could help. He said he could possibly offer server space. He works for a large computer technology company. I have provided this information to Ron via email.

In that email I explained to Ron. That I have had conversations with Bryan about, not allowing unregistered readers to have the ability to post or reply. Please, I mean no offense to you by this. But as we all know, Bryan has a lot on his plate right now. In this email was also the information that I tried to edit first and after being unsuccesful, I tried to delete it. In retrospect I should have made this clear to you... :D! The reply had no significance other than negativity. You can confirm this email with Ron. I also told Ron he could read any of my 300+ posts/replies to get an understanding of me. As well as providing my phone number to him, if he wanted to talk about it.

If you care to take this any further, let's take this off of this thread, please contact me bandjhall@blazenet.net Give me your phone number and we can discuss this. So nothing get's left out, when trying to keep the size of the reply to a minimum, like this one is not.

Thanks

Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 02-23-2001).]

thanks for keepin it up as long as you have bryan. you have kept me up many a night until 3-4am refreshing the site to see if anyone has posted anything new or responded to a post. i know i'm not the only one reading old posts waiting for something new to pop up at the top. thanks a bunch. bonez

------------------

Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

Bryan,

Thanks for this great site and all your efforts to keep it going. It has been a great resource worldwide. Yamaha should see this as a opportunity to support their customers and pay you for your efforts. Another source would be an internet parts supply. They just need a direct link in the header page for ordering parts. You could earn a percentage from sales, should be easy to monitor.

However it works out, Thanks,

James