Sign in to follow this  

Cost of shipping from TT store to Australia

Just wondering if anyone has ordered a part from the TT store and had it shipped over to Australia. My questions are how much was the shipping (estimate), how quick was the delivery and how smooth was the transaction? Reason being is that I have my eye on a pumper carby for my XR and I want to know the shipping cost but I don't want to have to register yet to find out.

Either way, it will be cheaper ordering from the TT store, than buying direct in Australia. Just do a money transfer or money order, and it's easy.

I just shipped a Trailtech computer from the states to Darwin for my step father.

Shipping was US$28, your pumper carb probably wouldn't occupy any bigger a box, weight may be a factor though.

Thanks for the replys guys. I thought it shouldn't be any more than that. I was just making sure I wouldn't get any surprises with postage costs. It should be cheaper from TT definately though. A non-pumper carb (normal flatslide) from Ballards is qouted as $429 (granted this is a kit) while the cost of a pumper from TT is $350 (Australian dollars). So even though one is a kit and one isn't, I can see that ordering a pumper in OZ will cost alot more than from TT.

I sold a tank cover, and tank bag to a guy in Oz, and the shipping was about $ 35. US.

just to let you know...i bought the edelbrock carb for my xr400 from the TT store it and it came with all new hoses and throttle cables. It went on in 30 minutes and was one of the best mods i've done to the bike. I didnt have to buy anything else to install it.

You dont have to register to shop the TT store, just the OE parts require registration!

Robert

Why wont the TT store take overseas orders with a credit card?

Everything seems to work until we get to the zip code.

Foreign country don't have zip codes.

just to let you know...i bought the edelbrock carb for my xr400 from the TT store it and it came with all new hoses and throttle cables. It went on in 30 minutes and was one of the best mods i've done to the bike. I didnt have to buy anything else to install it.

Yeah I was considering the Edelbrock but it is $150 (US $) dearer than the Mikuni. And I would rather save $150 and do the work to make it fit myself.