Sign in to follow this  

[B]What is your favorite truck of all time?[/B]

:) Well, I do like Yoters a bunch. But I like Chevrolets too. Especially old ones. I actually own a 1951 5 window fully restored truck, it has a 1970 350 4 bolt, a muncie M21 4 spd, tilt, P/S. Pretty sweet. And also own a cherry 46K mile 1966 Mustang, all original right down to the paint (yes, original paint garaged since day 1). It was my late grandfathers who bought it new in 66 for $2600. When it comes to early iron, I actually like ONLY domestics, and if its a muscle car, I really like them, the rarer, the better. Here is a couple of picts of the cherry mustang. But be warned, its not for sale at any price!

mustang_ext.jpg

Cherry inside too. All original, look like it just rolled out of the showroom!

mustang_inside.jpg

My wife would kill for that car! That's her all-time favorite. Thank God she's too fat to fit in it.

:) Well, I do like Yoters a bunch. But I like Chevrolets too. Especially old ones. I actually own a 1951 5 window fully restored truck, it has a 1970 350 4 bolt, a muncie M21 4 spd, tilt, P/S. Pretty sweet. And also own a cherry 46K mile 1966 Mustang, all original right down to the paint (yes, original paint garaged since day 1). It was my late grandfathers who bought it new in 66 for $2600. When it comes to early iron, I actually like ONLY domestics, and if its a muscle car, I really like them, the rarer, the better. Here is a couple of picts of the cherry mustang. But be warned, its not for sale at any price!

mustang_ext.jpg

Cherry inside too. All original, look like it just rolled out of the showroom!

mustang_inside.jpg

Nice stang :) (even a chevy guy can tip his hat to a good lookin ford) Ya have any pictures of the 5 window? I love those trucks :D

And I dont think ya really have much choice about liking domestic classics, the japanese vehicles all rust appart before they get that old :D

I just spooged on my key board! ;)

:):):D:D:D:D:D:worthy:

Let me know if you sell the stang, i'll come cash in hand at the price you name no questions asked. :D

LOL, well, it was profesionaly appraised at almost $17,000, but as miles goes up, it will come down, especially when it hits 50K, but at the rate its driven, that will be about 20 + years from now. Now if it was the "pony" interior, and also 100% oriignal as this one is, it would be almost $30,000! But my grandpa was a "grandpa", so he didnt get the pony interior! :D

17k is all a mint 66 stang is worth? Is it a 6 banger?

The auto and ford emblem probably hurts the value some but I still would have guessed the value of that car well over 20 grand :)

No, its a 289 with auto. I priced same condition, but full resto and they looked as good, but valued at no more than 9K. Now the last apprasial was a while back, it is always going up. A pony interior and a fastback, this rig would be through the roof. It may be closer to 20K now. First apprasal was 13,500 back in 84, but it only had 36K on it then. Dont have any pictures of the 5 window on digital, both are in storage side by side. Next time I roll it out, I'll get photos. Neither has been driven for some time. Both have permanant registration (no annual license fees) under our collector vehicle program. But the plates for each are orignal from their era. The truck is more of a street rod/cruiser and driving it doesnt depreciate it, where the stang, miles drops it down with every click.

1987 Chevy Silverado or GMC Sierra Classic. These trucks were the last of the 73' to 87' body style, and they had the throttle body fuel injected 350 engine that was used for many years after that in the next body style. Silverado and Sierra Classic were the top trim levels.

Now thats a good truck! I have an '87 GMC Sierra Classic, and it ran great 'til we blew the motor! :)

truckoldrims.jpg

Now thats a good truck! I have an '87 GMC Sierra Classic, and it ran great 'til we blew the motor! :)

truckoldrims.jpg

No, i'd probably get banned if I said it....

No, i'd probably get banned if I said it....

:):):D

Nice truck... timeless design.

A short box has its advantages cowboy.

Like what?

Cannot think of any.

Though I can think of at least 100 reasons why it would piss me off.

Easier to park, it'll fit in the garage, shorter wheelbase for offroading (my Dad high-centered his '74 Blazer!), less paint to wash and wax, lighter weight for better MPG...

There's a few reasons. Offroading is the strongest argument.

nice truck except for the short bed. How many miles ya got on it?

Well approx. 170,000, but only a 1,000 or so were ours. The motor has since blown, and there's a noticeable crack forming in the frame by the drivers side rear shock. :)

Whats wrong with a short bed? They get all the work done that we need it to do, and I like it better for off-road, which was the main purpose for buying it.

Whats wrong with a short bed? They get all the work done that we need it to do, and I like it better for off-road, which was the main purpose for buying it.

170k's pretty darn good. Is it a 305 or 350?

If it works for you and ya like it, theres nothin wrong with a short bed... I just like 8ft beds.

I like hauling bikes, plywood, drywall, 2x4s, furnature ect with the tailgate up, and a 6 (or 5ft on many modern trucks) just doesnt do that. They also ride considerably better and work much better for towing 5th wheel trailers.

I understand the offroad arguement but thats only a small percentage of what I do in a truck, so I'd rather have a long bed to haul with and take my chances with that off chance of highcentering it.

I've got a 305 in mine. You don't hear that often.

I've had a couple of em and actually don't hate them as much as most people.

I plan to build the one in my camaro (stroked to 335, supercharged, hope to find around 350-400horsepower when its done) just to be different.

My 82 3/4 ton was a 305 originally, after almost 300,000 miles (on a truck that worked every day of its life) it let go of a rod and trashed the block, I put a crate 350 in it after that.

Nothin wrong with the 305, it just had the bad luck to be overshadowed by its bigger and more popular brother (the 350)

Personally I love my Landcruiser V8 wagon. It is very good in the desert and also very comfortable.

Believe it or not non-citizens of this country are not allowed to purchase pickup trucks or else I would get the Landcruiser pickup, also refered to as Bushanab over here..

But I hear you loud and clear on the Chevy 350 thing. What a great motor. Sounds like you know your Chevys Mr. Chevy Cowboy so you probably wouldn't be surprised to see Chevy 350 engines turning up here in everything from Jeep Wranglers, older Landcruisers and Nissan Patrols to sand rails and even dragsters.... :):)

Personally I love my Landcruiser V8 wagon. It is very good in the desert and also very comfortable.

Believe it or not non-citizens of this country are not allowed to purchase pickup trucks or else I would get the Landcruiser pickup, also refered to as Bushanab over here..

But I hear you loud and clear on the Chevy 350 thing. What a great motor. Sounds like you know your Chevys Mr. Chevy Cowboy so you probably wouldn't be surprised to see Chevy 350 engines turning up here in everything from Jeep Wranglers, older Landcruisers and Nissan Patrols to sand rails and even dragsters.... :):D

Lemme ask you this Berg. You don't travel the desert at night in your Landcruiser back and forth to a neighboring country doing something illegal now do ya? :):D

But I hear you loud and clear on the Chevy 350 thing. What a great motor. Sounds like you know your Chevys Mr. Chevy Cowboy so you probably wouldn't be surprised to see Chevy 350 engines turning up here in everything from Jeep Wranglers, older Landcruisers and Nissan Patrols to sand rails and even dragsters.... :):D

non citizens cant buy a truck? :D Now I've heard it all, is there a reason for that goofy law?

I'm not suprised at all to hear the 350 has traveled the globe, here in the US its probably been transplanted into every vehicle imaginable :)