Sign in to follow this  

wheeley

Guy,

Can you tell me the tricks of ridding a long wheelie.

I have a CRF450 and I can pop a wheelie but I'm to scared to keep the front end up...Can you help me out?

Its not tricks, its practice. Just practice as your comfort levels allow you to due more. Cover the rear brake and go. I like to pull mine up in 2nd, 3rd, or 4th depending on the terrain. I practice mine every chance I get a good safe area to due so. At our local club there is a huge field where guys ride wheelies, I just go out there and practice while everyone else is getting dressed out or gettting something to drink or at the end of the ride or whenever. Practice, Practice , and more practice.

Also, try practicing on a bicycle. I can only get in three half pedals when the front is up, but it has helped me with my positioning and balance on the motorcycle.

I wrecked last week doing a wheelie. The best way to do it is on a safe surface not the street, free of rocks. I like to get to the balance point(scary point) an just float it there as long as I can. Not ready to shift in one yet,that comes with practice and time.

i was like you for the longest time scared to death when i tried to wheelie. then I got a crf100 for my wife and i started practicing on it and now i can ride them no problem. you should try it on a smaller bike and learn. its much easier in my opinion.

Yes, the balance point is much higher up than most would think or dare to think.....

If you are sitting and can see over the front you can still go higher....

im new...how do u get ur tire up and wheelie? i dont know if i have enough strenth to lift my front end up

Its not tricks, its practice. Just practice as your comfort levels allow you to due more. Cover the rear brake and go. I like to pull mine up in 2nd, 3rd, or 4th depending on the terrain. I practice mine every chance I get a good safe area to due so. At our local club there is a huge field where guys ride wheelies, I just go out there and practice while everyone else is getting dressed out or gettting something to drink or at the end of the ride or whenever. Practice, Practice , and more practice.

sorry for hijacking the thread but how the heck did you manage to spell "do" wrong or was you meant to write due? :):):D

i started doing it on my ttr125 a while back.. and i did it sitting. now that i have a yz125 though i have to do it standing because sitting is just to scary. i can balance it standing much easier on my new bike while standing plus the extra power helps me keep it up. just the more you do them. the longer and easier they will come up :)