Sign in to follow this  

WP suspension...

Right the deal is, im trading in my CRF250 for a ktm125 in the not to distant future.

People are allways maoning about the suspension on these things, and in the mag reviews too, so what the problem with them.

Is it just a case of a good revalve needed, and also Factory Connection recommend a progressive rear spring too.

I see mixed reviews of gold valve kits, some say they are excellent, others say they are no better than stock 'kelstre' or someone i think said this.

Im fairly light at 130lb too.

Any info appreciated guys.

PS, im also looking for specific things, and remedies, what type of valving etc. :)

I've got a '03 KTM 250sx and I agree that the stock suspension is not near as nice as the stock setup on a Honda or Yamaha. KTM is improving their suspension year after year (as are the Japanese makers), but on my bike I went into it knowing I was going to have the suspension set up for me by a tuner (I'm no tech). I ended up with heavier springs front and rear ( I weigh 210) and after the revalve my KTM is as nice or better than my buddies CRF450 and YZ450F. If you really want specific KTM setup info go to www.ktmtalk.com. Hope that helps. :)