wisconsin riders

Dave

cool I rode alot last year in northern wi

hayward and solon springs I rode a kdx 200

and i had a blast on the trails but was left behind on the railroad beds and fire lanes. so I just purchased a 2001 wr426 and have not even broke it in yet. so finding this forum was great.

how is it to ride in blackriver falls?

Hi there! I live in Edgerton, Wisconsin. That is about 30 minutes from Madison. I am 15 years old and bought a brand new WR 400 in November. I am working at Piggly Wiggly to pay the darn thing off. I rode my other bike on the Monroe Cheese Trails a lot. I have never been on the trails yet with my new bike. I have also never been on the Black River Falls trails either. How are they?

Its nice to know that there are other riders in our area.

We'll have to get together this spring to go up there, You'll fall in love with these trails, there are the ATV trails, that are wide and sandy, so you can really fly, and then there are the singletrack trails that are AWESOME!! Technical woods riding, with plenty of challenges.

Then there are the Clark county Bike trails that are EXTREMELY technical, and loads of fun.

I also went down to Ottawa IL, and had a blast riding at their off road park.

All these places are only a couple hours from Madison.There is a campground on the trailhead in Black River Falls. The trails are open from May 15, to Oct 15.

------------------

00 WZ400

01 Yamaha Raptor

99 Kawasaki ZRX1100

99 Yamaha Warrior

Dave

I will be down for sure I am about 2 hours from there. This spring some buddies and I

are heading out to Idaho for some sand duning

so I am really pumped for that.

I have a clark county atv map and was planning to take my son on those trails.

he is 13 and kind of a beginner he rides a kdx 200 so will we still have fun there?

The Clark county ATV trails are only for ATV's. I got stopped last year by the trail patrol,and was told that. This might have changed for this year. You better check and find out. those trails are perfect for a beginner, because they are mostly fire roads andwide open logging trails.(read kind of boring). The bike trail they have is fun, but I would not put a beginner on that trail, they would get pretty frustrated.You can put him on the bike trails at Black River Falls though, he would learn alot.Look forward to seeing you there. We'll have to set something up this spring.

Dave

------------------

00 WZ400

01 Yamaha Raptor

99 Kawasaki ZRX1100

99 Yamaha Warrior

Dave, I've been riding a couple of times with dave hornung and used to work with him. I have also riden with paul schwanbeck who works at kaysers madison. If you are a ford tech I assume dave is your service advisor. I see dave at the health club he told me he bought a new sv 650, kind of inspired by the guys at work I guess, he should have fun with it. He rides a borrowed atv when I ride with him. Maybe I'll see you up at Black River, or we can plan some kind of group ride up there. By the way I worked at hults for 16 years. ride hard, mike

[This message has been edited by mike dean (edited 02-27-2001).]

[This message has been edited by mike dean (edited 02-27-2001).]

Man, I used to ride brf in the 80's...

That was livin'

For a real treat check out thr trails in the U.P.

They were very tight and ridden lightly...

They also had nice QUIET camping, if the wheel chair(quads)riders are up yodelling all night at brf.

higgy, I do ride with my son at BRF, they have alot of sand up there and it is a little rough on him for more than 4 or 5 hours, he rides a ttr125l but he is a very good rider. He needs a much better bike especially when we ride at the mx track, he uses all the suspension and power it has, I'm afraid he will hurt himself on the jumps when he bottoms out the susp., and he only weighs 85#. It is amazing how fast kids can adapt to different situations, its alot of fun to ride with him where ever we ride. I do take some days at BRF without him though and try to burn up the trails with a few friends. Have Fun, mike