Sign in to follow this  

Carroll Canyon??

Issat initials? Where yer from? VA Tech/Vermont/etc. or what? in yer name??

M

Go Hokies!

I have never been there but I would like to go. From the pictures I have seen it looks like chaparral with some trees, creeks and hills thrown in. Looks like a great day trip.

CC has a lot of fun single track riding, some of it is easy and some extreme. I was out there about two weeks ago and didn't see a single ranger, just stopped to talk to Norm in the tower. I'd say about half the times I've been there I've seen a ranger at one point or another, and only one time have they ever even looked at my bikes.

Roll the dice and take your chances if you aren't legal, I can't tell the future or I'd be picking lottery numbers.

i have been checked for green stickers before, twice one day from two different rangers, and have seen rangers cruise through the corral campground then other times not see rangers at all

I was out there a couple of months ago, and this female ranger came up to us at the staging area on pine valley road. She was checking for spark arrestors and green stickers. Most of the guys in our group did not have spark arrestors and some were red stickered. Luckily she let us off with warnings. :)

Yeah, that female ranger is the one I've seen too. I think that's the one steveh had run into too, she was reasonable for the most part. I'm considering a Sunday ride if anyone wants to go.

The kinda cute hippie one???

had some fantasies about her aftter a couple days of camping with the dudes!

i'm shooting for fridaya t corral once my gf goes home

1 ride

pine valley to kernan to the jeep loop up that little single track hill climb radiator boiler to fire tower back into single track( i want to see what 4x4 trails they have opened as i heard they did trail maint.) and out to pine valley

3 hours around 70 miles

any takers?

mike

yep that was the one (female ranger)

3 hours around 70 miles
like to go but have plans

What time are you planning on heading out (I have to work until noon).

Had a head on crash there yesterday on the Kernan Cycle trail. OUCH !

Oh and they were checking for green stickers, and adventure passes.

hey, if yer riding in, do you still need an adventure pass? I don't have a vehicle to trailer to the trail, so I'm riding the 640ADV the whole time...

M

OK so what day is it going to be, Tues, Fri, or Sun? I need to go ride. Stage at the Pine Valley exit and ride in. I wouldn't mind taking a sick day this week but if nobody else can make it during the week I'll hit it on Sun. I'm so jonesing for a ride I put my plate back on and plan to ride it to work tomorrow.

OK so what day is it going to be, Tues, Fri, or Sun? I need to go ride. Stage at the Pine Valley exit and ride in. I wouldn't mind taking a sick day this week but if nobody else can make it during the week I'll hit it on Sun. I'm so jonesing for a ride I put my plate back on and plan to ride it to work tomorrow.

check yer PMs...

M

if yer riding in, do you still need an adventure pass?

no i dont think so.... it's basically a parking/camping pass

need to go soon too, i think my knee is going to be drained thursdays, off friday,would work if knee lets me, and would rather ride fri/sat then a sunday

Looks like I could do Fri.. Meet at the Pine Valley exit around 7am. :)

So who's all in for Fri? Steve, Mike, SDMike, anyone?

Anyone who wants to join us on Sunday June 26th in Corral Canyon pm me. We should have a good group going out to play in the hills. Please post here as well as PM if you can get out to play, its off I-8 east of San Diego in the Cleveland National Forest. Should be a great time for all. Most of us will be our first time out there...

Miguelitro? you there? I hear ya know the trails well....

Any model, make or size is invited, we should be arriving around 9-10am and riding most of the day... Brrrrrraaaaaaapppppppp

pm for my cell # to make the trip

So who's all in for Fri? Steve, Mike, SDMike, anyone?

0700 is early! for me... I'm up in RB.

I just confirmed that the gf is working and will be sleeping, so I'm clear till 1300-ish.

M