SealSavers won't stay up on the fork

Hey Guys,

Those of you who are running the SealSavers, have you had any trouble with them sliding down the fork and ending up at the bottom of the inner tube? Also, how did you mount them? I used the fork guard guides to clamp the top of the SealSaver down but it still came out. Any suggestions? Thanks,

Josh

My suggestion is to ditch the SealSavers and switch to ShockSox. They go on and off in seconds and stay put using compression straps and velcro. No need to pull the fork to install. You can easily pull them off and wash them every time you clean the bike. I'll never go back to SealSavers. ?

Check them out here:

http://www.krewmx.com/

My suggestion is to ditch the SealSavers and switch to ShockSox. They go on and off in seconds and stay put using compression straps and velcro. No need to pull the fork to install. You can easily pull them off and wash them every time you clean the bike. I'll never go back to SealSavers. ?

Check them out here:

http://www.krewmx.com/

I aggree 100%!! I am using the shox sox as well and am VERY impressed. Easy to take on and off, washable and no need to deal with pulling the forks.

Man, where were you guys when I was trying to find these? I had seen them at Red River Cycle Ranch near Muenster TX and could not remember what they were called. I tried for almost a year to find them before I went ahead and bought the sealsavers 2 weeks ago. Anyway, Thanks for the info, I will probably be ordering a set of those. Thanks again,

Josh

I had been using fork "boots" for the last 2 years with never a problem. I ride in alot of muddy conditions with many stream crossings. I just had my suspension done and the guy who did it talked me into seal savers. My last 2 rides I have experienced the same thing(exposing my seals to all kinds of crap ? ). A buddy of mine pulled his up about an inch or 2 above the the white plastic clamp, zip tied it and then pulled the remain material down over the seal and reclamped it. His hasn't moved at all, so I'm going to try this method.

I use the long Seal Savers with a zip-ty just above the ring on the upper fork tube and have had no issues with movement at all. In fact, the longer version gives you more neoprene to grab on to when you want to peel them up for a good cleaning. I like that it takes a little elbow grease to get to the seal. I've never had any particles work their way more than 1/2" under the seal. I think I'd be leery of anything that velcro'd on like the shock sox. They may work, but velcro has a finite lifespan. Comparatively, I've seen neoprene last a very long time without being compromised by the elements. But if you like 'em, then you go ? ...SC

Hey JBROOKS26, what is the grey/blue wire? I have an 02 also and mine is all grey.

Sorry, the signature would only let me use so many words. I have done both the grey wire mod and the blue wire mod. The grey wire is for YZ ignition, and the blue wire is the Neutral switch wire for the CDI. I believe that it changes the rev limiter when in neutral to make starting easier. Hope this helps.

Josh

I like that it takes a little elbow grease to get to the seal. I've never had any particles work their way more than 1/2" under the seal. I think I'd be leery of anything that velcro'd on like the shock sox. They may work, but velcro has a finite lifespan. Comparatively, I've seen neoprene last a very long time without being compromised by the elements. But if you like 'em, then you go

Nothing gets under the Shock Sox either. No need to be leery. They're made of neoprene just like SealSavers. I'm not too worried about the lifespan of the velcro since I got close to 6,000 miles out of my last set of Shock Sox. As far as I know they're still on the bike. I have 1,400 miles on the 05 WR and the ones I have now still look new. There's nothing wrong with SealSavers but the Shock Sox are a lot more convenient and do the job just as well. ?

Ok here's what I did per the advice of the seal saver guy. Remove the upper clamps that guide the plastic fork protects completely and then just use a zip ty to anchor the seal saver to the fork. No need to worry bout that guide workss fine without it. ?

I use the long Seal Savers with a zip-ty just above the ring on the upper fork tube and have had no issues with movement at all. In fact, the longer version gives you more neoprene to grab on to when you want to peel them up for a good cleaning. I like that it takes a little elbow grease to get to the seal. I've never had any particles work their way more than 1/2" under the seal. I think I'd be leery of anything that velcro'd on like the shock sox. They may work, but velcro has a finite lifespan. Comparatively, I've seen neoprene last a very long time without being compromised by the elements. But if you like 'em, then you go ? ...SC

Nice Steve-o.. Me too.... ?