726 members have voted

1. 1. what is your favorite bike manufacture

• Honda
    • Suzuki
    • Kawasaki
    • Yamaha
    • KTM

I think this is the best poll EVER.

But you left out kazuma so I didn't vote.

I agree. This IS a great poll. Hmmm, I wonder when someone will ask about the best manufactureR?

I love all bikes whether they suck are not. They all have some redeeming characteristic for me. I even enjoyed my Hodaka when it wasn't busting my nuts.

I have a Yamaha but i like Kawasaki better. All my friends have Kawasaki's and they are very fast and have never needed maintenence. 1 friend's kx85 is so modded it can keep up with and beat my other friends kx125. When I ride my yami something feels wrong and the bike doesnt feel solid like the kawis. It feels loose and luggish and it's an '05. I think Honda would be very reliable and a great bike. It's common sense. They've been makin motorcycles and learning from their mistakes for a very long time. Theyve always been reliable. But i still like Kawasakis the best.

Wow, what a loaded thread! Let's see, I've owned. I'll detail all the bikes I've owned and each of their issues

3 Kawasaki's

-- 84 KX125, blew it up twice, crappy suspension, couldn't keep it running for more than a second. Always a problem with it.

-- 86 KX125, blew it up, rebuilt it, never ran the same after that. No power. Got rid of that right away.

-- 00 KX250. Loved it, great power and woods bike, but turned like a tank and had mushy breaks. I really do miss that bike for the trails though :banghead:

2 Yamaha's

-- Currently, my wife's 04 TTR125. Great bike for her and my play bike

-- 93 YZ250. Great power, very smooth. Blew it up, threw in the stock piston with a score in the cylinder, and it started right back up again (couldn't afford a full rebuild, I was in college). This bike lasted me quite some time.

4 Honda's

-- 86 XR80, my first bike, ran forever, never a problem.

-- 84 CR80, bike was beat to crap when I first got it but it didn't matter. Ran great the entire time I had it. No problems.

-- 90 CR125. Absolutely bullet proof!!! Ripping engine for that year and all I did to it was put oil and gas in it. I even sold it for more than what it blue booked for at the time! :applause:

-- 05 CRF450 Current, Love this bike! Lots of stories on here about valve problems which have me paraniod but I've checked them multiple times and they've never gone out of spec. Plus the power and handeling fit my riding style to a T.

Never owned a Suzuki but I have plenty of friends that do. About half of them experience major problems, the other half have bikes that run great all the time. This is probably the story with any brand.

So, sketching it out like that out of all the bikes I've owned my Honda's have given me the least amout of heartache. I loved all the bikes I've owned (except my KX125's which were major POS's). All the brands are built so good these days it's really hard to say who the true real winner is. Pick your color and ride!🤣

i love suzuki and honda. what about you :applause:

My opinion yami owns all. Honda and suzuki and pieces of :banghead: . Just my opinion.

All the brands are built so good these days it's really hard to say who the true real winner is. Pick your color and ride! :banghead:

You really can't say who the best is because you really DON'T KNOW. To come on here and say that Honda, Yamaha, GasGas or whoever is the best just shows inexperience. It's all personal opinion. I've learned that when most people have past bike experiences with there own bike or friends bikes(good or bad) there are so many variables as to why these bikes broke,failed or ran great, even if someone claims they took good care of it. I think bikes from the 70s and 80s you could tell a difference in quality and performance because of the major developments in technology. Bikes just felt different because the manufacturers had different ideas they were trying to prove. Through the 90s most all the manufacturers were agreeing on a basic design and most bikes in the same class have a more similar feel to the point of it being personal preference. It's hard to understand unless you've been riding for a long time. It's funny, Since I bought this GG a couple of my riding buddies were disappointed that I didn't buy Honda(seriously disappointed...they say Honda is best), well since they have a hard time keeping up with me on the trail they don't say ANYTHING ANYMORE, they thought that since Honda was best that I would be going slower, breaking down or complaining about my unpopular bike and now there pride is hurt because they didn't think any further than what was "popular" or "in". So, not just in this thread but many many threads I read about mindless brand loyalty(my dad can beat up your dad...its childish). It would be nice to see some of these people open there minds a little bit, it would benefit this sport that much more.

My opinion yami owns all. Honda and suzuki and pieces of :banghead: . Just my opinion.

actually, i diddnt write that, my brother (RML222) he thought he was logged on as him self not me!

i dig ktms and yamahas :applause:

in my opinion, ktm is the outstanding manufacturer of late, for looks performance and good parts off the floor..

not takeing anything away from the other makes, ive owned most of the brands except kwaka..but i truely think KTM have the better bang for the buck!

ive had a kawi, suzuki, and 2 hondas. And i would never go back to anything but honda. They are by far the most reliable bikes ever made. The suzuki craped out after one year.

YAMAHA ALL THE WAY

I ve owned Hondas, Kawis and one Husqvarna, my good that was pice of crap, hondas and Kawas were Ok