SEPARATION ANXIETY! 02/22/2018How to separate your crankcases the RIGHT way w/ Paul Olesen
Please help! I recently bought a Yz250f and have not been able to start it, it Has spark, but there are many issues with the carby which I wanna rule out before I leap into a rebuild, ( I want to avoid a rebuild if possible as I’m low on cash). The carby at the moment is a complete mess so the usual steps to fixing it might not work. So here’s the deal with the carb:
- It’s leaking fuel from overflow ( really fast! ) and when I mean really fast, I mean it emptied my fuel tank in 2 mins.
- It has a slow leak coming from somewhere under the float bowl
- the air fuel screw is not adjusted correctly
- I don’t know if the electrics work on it either
- I don’t even know if it’s shooting fuel into the cylinder or not, as after kicking it a couple times and it’s not starting I remove the spark plug and it’s still dry. ( I tried putting fuel directly into cylinder from the spark plug hole but the bike still wouldn’t start)
okay so I know it’s a lot but I’m not expecting anyone to answer every single question themselves. If each person could tackle whatever problem they know it would help heaps. Also just want to know what Order to fix things in as I can’t do air fuel until the bike is running and it won’t run unless I stop the leaking and get it to spray fuel into the cylinder. And buying a new carby is not an option ( I’ve got $40 to my name atm). Please help guys thanks.
I was wondering on what the model years were for the factory reed valve. I bought the bike used and it only came with a vforce reed cage and I wanted to go back to factory.
Vfroce lists their cage would fit 98-New bikes but I know yamaha changed up the yz250 motor in 02 so not sure if the factory reed valve remained the same.
Any help is greatly appreciated thanks