• Announcements

5,906 posts in this topic

If you own a 2 stroke dirtbike,please reply once. Im just wondering how many people on this site have them.

4 people like this

I personaly don't own a 2-stroke, but my brother does, and I do all the engine and suspension work for him. So I kinda own one.

3 people like this

replied :) 2004 CR250, 2002 KX125

I dont understand why people want 2 stroke stuff on thumpertalk... if there is anything 2 stroke specific that I need help with, I will take it else where.. but this is THUMPER talk... I can understand if you like the large userbase and like to hang out though. You wont see me protest to put 2smokes on the fourms...it just wouldnt be TT with 2smoke fourms :)

1 person likes this

02 YZ250. I've always owned 2 strokes, and loved riding my buddys 4 strokes. I'll be keeping my 02 just for the green sticker, but I can't wait to get my 06 450.

2000 KX 250....it's for sale. just bought 2002 CRF 450R. If the 250 doesn't sell, I might keep it for the dunes.

Berkeboy has been on 2-strokes since he outgrew his XR50. Presently he's on a KX-85, and we kept the KX-65 for demo rides for other kids. :)

i have a 2000 rm250 which i am sadly selling for an 06 rmz250. I will miss the 2 stroke world, but the 250f is so much easier to ride.

My first was an '88 KDX200. That's gone now. Now it's a modified '92 KDX200. I must admit the 2 smoke starting is a dream and i have been working overtime to get my thumper to start perfectly. Now I am dreaming of removing the auto dempressor. We also have a RMX 250, also a seriously modified powerful brute that terrifies me, so I won't ride it.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By Allooushh
      Please help! I recently bought a Yz250f and have not been able to start it, it Has spark, but there are many issues with the carby which I wanna rule out before I leap into a rebuild, ( I want to avoid a rebuild if possible as I’m low on cash). The carby at the moment is a complete mess so the usual steps to fixing it might not work. So here’s the deal with the carb: 
      - It’s leaking fuel from overflow ( really fast! ) and when I mean really fast, I mean it emptied my fuel tank in 2 mins.
      - It has a slow leak coming from somewhere under the float bowl
      - the air fuel screw is not adjusted correctly 
      - I don’t know if the electrics work on it either 
      - I don’t even know if it’s shooting fuel into the cylinder or not, as after kicking it a couple times and it’s not starting I remove the spark plug and it’s still dry. ( I tried putting fuel directly into cylinder from the spark plug hole but the bike still wouldn’t start) 
      okay so I know it’s a lot but I’m not expecting anyone to answer every single question themselves. If each person could tackle whatever problem they know it would help heaps. Also just want to know what Order to fix things in as I can’t do air fuel until the bike is running and it won’t run unless I stop the leaking and get it to spray fuel into the cylinder. And buying a new carby is not an option ( I’ve got $40 to my name atm). Please help guys thanks.

• By Trauger
      Hi;
      I was wondering on what the model years were for the factory reed valve. I bought the bike used and it only came with a vforce reed cage and I wanted to go back to factory.

Vfroce lists their cage would fit 98-New bikes but I know yamaha changed up the yz250 motor in 02 so not sure if the factory reed valve remained the same. 

Any help is greatly appreciated thanks 

• By Kim Franz
      lookin to upgrade my old suspension on my 07 cr250.
      now the question is which is the latest year for triple clamps that bolt right on,
      and which is the latest bolt in upgrade for the shock?
      cheers