Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha joins the fiddy market

from the looks of the TTR50 it is for bigger kids. It comes with a lot of aftermarket looking parts.

99wr...your an idiot.. plain and simple. i don't think ive ever and i truely mean ever seen a factual post made by you.. your one to this thread fits that theory perfectly. find out whats really going on before you say anything from now on :)

I am happy someone (factory) is making a decent mini. The knock offs are much too sketchy when it comes to warrenty. It is also a good thing the best two bike makers are competing... prices will drop for the bikes and for aftermarket parts. It also gives all of us an oppurtunity to get more out of the sport.

So........ Hats off to Yamaha for joining an already saturated market! I hope it kicks butt so I have an excuse to upgrade my Honda even more!

I doubt it. Honda makes the best bikes around period. Yamaha will never build a 50 as good as an XR or CRF..... NEVER. If your not ridin red you shouldnt be ridin at all

Yea I think those crf's with a 30 hour valvetrain is the greatest bike ever also, dude. :) They last forever. :)

I've got 4 Honda minis, I would love to have something different... I'll probably get one just to have it.. I'm not a serious mini racer so the extra the weight won't matter... If Yamaha's making it, It'll be nice... Yes, they're totally copying Honda and the CRF50 market but who cares? It'll be fun to work on...

Kiciking over the fiddy today I thought about how tough this is for your average 6-7 year old. The electric start might be it's strong point for the youth market, even with the extra weight, but the Honda will continue to sell well to the adult market. Put 'em side-by-side in the showroom and parents will buy the magic button every time, though.

I can't wait to buy one! It's gonna be sick!

Whoever said Yamaha will never match Honda, you are stupid. Yamaha has been making 4-stroke OHC motocrossers a lot longer then Honda.

I wonder if the yami bike will get those hideously ugly white streak marks from the kids whipping out on them?

learn to spell...

Robbo66 is totally right. Although the 450f may not be up to par with the Hondas now, just wait till the 2006 models hit the showroom floor...

learn to spell...

Robbo66 is totally right. Although the 450f may not be up to par with the Hondas now, just wait till the 2006 models hit the showroom floor...

Maybe I dont want to spell right jerky !

:)