503 members have voted

1. 1. Has your yz250f blew up on you?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in just year half my engine has blown twice on me second time they said iw as riding it to hard after taking it to the dealer and them telling me i wasnt riding it hard enought hat their made to ride hard. Second time i wasnt even riding it hard i just taking an easy on it only had about 10 hrs on it if that and the POS blew on me again made me so mad and to this day that POS has sit in the same spot. IM thinking its not getting enough oil to critical areas of the engine like the crank which had blue heat marks where the connecting rod was both times but the second time i wasnt going as hard on it so just the crank seized up the jug is still in great condition first time it was all scratched up. I personally would never buy another yz250f ever again WHO KNOWS MAYBE THEY HAVE MORE POWER THAN THE ENGINE ITSELF CAN HANDLE THAT CAN BE GOOD AND BAD! Dont buy a yz250f !!!

my yzf is a 2002, stock top end, still running strong. i have no complaints, my friend races his '03 and replaces top end once a year, and they come out in perf. condition.

honda isnt even as close to as good as a yamaha, the honda youll have to put money into it to keep it running, and if u keep it long as a yzf, the resale still wouldnt even even it out :D

in just year half my engine has blown twice on me second time they said iw as riding it to hard after taking it to the dealer and them telling me i wasnt riding it hard enought hat their made to ride hard. Second time i wasnt even riding it hard i just taking an easy on it only had about 10 hrs on it if that and the POS blew on me again made me so mad and to this day that POS has sit in the same spot. IM thinking its not getting enough oil to critical areas of the engine like the crank which had blue heat marks where the connecting rod was both times but the second time i wasnt going as hard on it so just the crank seized up the jug is still in great condition first time it was all scratched up. I personally would never buy another yz250f ever again WHO KNOWS MAYBE THEY HAVE MORE POWER THAN THE ENGINE ITSELF CAN HANDLE THAT CAN BE GOOD AND BAD! Dont buy a yz250f !!!

Pardner, my guess is you've had oil pump issues that weren't addressed during the rebuilds.

Don't buy a new Yamaha!!!! That way I can get mine quicker, THEN buy one. I'm another CRF guy coming back to Blue, and yes I've done the valve thing on my 450 as well ($800 at my cost but I would rather spen it on my susp). My 02 WR rock solid.

You know you may be right!We have a 02 wr250 and a 01 yz250,thinking back at all the $$$ we have put in them it is nuts!Lets see: wife fell on the wr and broke the brake leaver,son let his fall off the stand and bent the clutch lever,had to replace the air filter on BOTH bikesand now the chain and sprockets are going on the wr......sheeeesh Now back in 02 when i jumped ship and got a crf450 that was a different story valves went to zero...TWICE

but that was enough for me 03 went back to blue with a 450yz and it has been one of the best bikes i ever owned!!!!!

3rd owner of mine. one new top end, valves checked by the guy I bought it from (said they were fine) but I'm thinking of checking them soon because it's gotten more difficult to start. great bike though I love it.

Lets see: wife fell on the wr and broke the brake leaver,son let his fall off the stand and bent the clutch lever,had to replace the air filter on BOTH bikesand now the chain and sprockets are going on the wr......sheeeesh

of course the levers are going to break and bend when you crash or fall over, what do you think they are bullet proof. and sprockets and chains also wear :D

Lets see: wife fell on the wr and broke the brake leaver,son let his fall off the stand and bent the clutch lever,had to replace the air filter on BOTH bikesand now the chain and sprockets are going on the wr......sheeeesh

of course the levers are going to break and bend when you crash or fall over, what do you think they are bullet proof. and sprockets and chains also wear :D

he was just kidding. he was saying how good the motor was on the yamaha comapred to the honda.

what kind of oil are yall guys running?

Only problem has been a fork seal. The dust boots weren't packed with grease from the dealer which is now done often after a good cleaning. By this point of ownership our Kxf250 had the head off 2-3 times for valves. A rider at our track just did his '01 valves and piston this spring. The father owned the bike then passed it on to his son. 2nd generation reliability!