Sign in to follow this  

Red sticker riding area in San Diego

corral canyon,its off buckman springs road.Im not sure what freeway though,im only 15 so im not familiar with everything yet.Go to sdorc.com to get more info

Corral Canyon is green sticker now. Your best bet is a track, Cahiulla aint to far from SD.

corral canyon,its off buckman springs road.Im not sure what freeway though,im only 15 so im not familiar with everything yet.Go to sdorc.com to get more info

The site, sdorc.com, has a bunch of google ads and is mainly just ad links, try this site:

http://www.sdorc.org/ohvareas/areas.html

Unfortunately the site was Last Updated January 23, 2001

I have been told corral canyon by Motoworld but yet its listed as green sticker only. The Red sticker riding times are Dec 1st to Jan 31. Is there away around this. Where in Mexico is a good place to ride? I read something about Deer Valley rd.

I have been told corral canyon by Motoworld but yet its listed as green sticker only. The Red sticker riding times are Dec 1st to Jan 31. Is there away around this. Where in Mexico is a good place to ride? I read something about Deer Valley rd.

Get the X.

Your only legal places down here this time of year are going to be local tracks, desert (kinda) and Mexico. I here there is some great riding down there but I have never been. Or the desert and hope you dont see a ranger.

You can ride it anywhere, you just risk impoundment and/or tickets. :D

I hear they are enforcing this law more seriously this year, anybody noticed that? My nephew got busted by the green sticker and noise police last weekend. :D:D

Cahuillas vet track would be perfect to run in a big bore. Im guessing your already out riding right now. :):)

Still have not found a place. There has to be a spot out there where we can do circles in the desert. I know in Palm Springs there is a couple places to ride. Indio to Chirroco summit is a good ride. But to hot and to far. Im think about going to Ramona and just finding some open desert. Anyone know of any spots?

Get your bike re-registered out of Arizona, just get a P.O box, then buy California's non-resident OHV use sticker for $20 a year. Then bingo, you ride anywhere you want cause your visiting from Arizona. The Yuma DMV is a 3-3 1/2 hour drive away. Also you can also dual sport your bike and get a plate on it through Arizona DMV. My buddy did it last week with a XR650R and they barely looked at it. Just handed him a plate and he was done.

Oh yeah, if you do the Arizona thing Corral Canyon OHV area would be your best bet. Its 45 mins East on the 8.

Out Highway 8 past the corral canyon exit is some desert riding, I forget the names...).It probably is OK to ride out there (if the rnagers want to your busted...). Everybody that knows is probably out riding...

Tons of local tracks and all of them allow red sticker. El Cajon MX, Amago (great place for those who don't like riding over their head or with little track expierience. Go on a weekday and chances are you will have it to yourself), Lake Elsinore, Cauhilla Creek (best track in SoCal), Glen Helen, Perris, Starwest and probably a few I have forgotten. Your pretty much out of luck for the rest of the summer if you are looking to ride open space.

Thanks for the good info I think I will do the Arizona thing. That way I wont have to worry about it again. Does it work for 2 strokes also? The wife rides a 2003 cr125.

What about Plaster City? During the summer we get there at dawn and put in a few hours before it gets too hot.

When you title your bike in Arizona you get the sticker for Arizona to allow you to ride there. When if you ride an out of state bike in California you are supposed to get the visitors sticker, which is $20 a year. Some local parts shops/dealers carry them. It doesn't matter 4 vs 2 stroke for registering your bike out of Arizona. Although if you wanted to street register a two stroke, I think they don't allow that, but I am not positive. I just saw a guy ride by me a couple months ago on a KTM two stroke, though I didn't catch which state he was plated out of.

Could someone give me dirrections to Tecate? If they no an area to ride down there that would be awesome as well. Thanks.

Plaster City only lets red stickers from Oct 1 to May 31. Sorry for the wrong info

Check this site. Maybe theres a place listed near you.

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=21928

I think I have seen a BLM ranger at Plaster City once in three years there, and he was just driving through. If you plan to ride in the summer, be safe. It gets butt hot out there - ride real early and take lots of water.

In Corral Canyon, they all always checking spark arrestors and stickers.

http://www.lapuertaoffroad.com/ is the website for the place outside of Tecate.