KX forks on KLX??

I put 2000 kx 125 complete front end on my 1997 klx and it was to harsh for rocky trails so I had to change the springs and valving but now it is great. before I put the kx front end on I had changed fork springs and installed race tech gold valves into the klx forks so I got to ride it both ways. The kx forks are way better forks they have rebound dampening adjusters so you can get rid of the front end bounce, I installed race tech delta valves into the kx forks so they have high and low speed compression dampening so they are more adjustable. I had to to have very miner machine work done to the steering stem to fit the klx bearings, I used the kx stem because it is aluminum and the klx stem is steal, I also used a kx250 upper triple clamp because it has rubber bar mounts witch gets rid of any viberation which is nice. I feel that it was a great improvement to the klx.

'94 kx500 forks and Emig triple clamps. They are plush in the rocks and firm up nicely in the sand. Much more adjustable than stockers but rear needs to be raised to match the extra length of the forks. Many don't do this and have handling issues. These forks can be found easily for relatively cheap on ebay or even your local papers.

'94 kx500 forks and Emig triple clamps. They are plush in the rocks and firm up nicely in the sand. Much more adjustable than stockers but rear needs to be raised to match the extra length of the forks. Many don't do this and have handling issues. These forks can be found easily for relatively cheap on ebay or even your local papers.

Will the kx500 forks bolt right up to the klx wheel, caliper and rotor?? Also what about other year kx500, 95 ,96, etc.

Sangair

Will the kx500 forks bolt right up to the klx wheel, caliper and rotor?? Also what about other year kx500, 95 ,96, etc.

Sangair

I believe it does but I'd have to check. I have excel wheels on mine but I do believe I still have the odo drive so the hub would be a stocker. I have a CR caliper and a kx rotor.

You can fit any fork on the klx but the trick is having the new triple clamps fit with the stock stem. Some machining may be required with bigger diam forks.

Anyone ever put a kx shock and/or dogbones and/or unitrak stuf onto a klx?

B.

The kx shock isn't configured to fit where the klx shock goes. FSW(or any other good suspension tuner) installs a kx shock shaft into the klx shock to get additional travel. They also have the correct length dogbones to fit the extended shock. My klx is noticeably higher than a stocker with these mods but the performance is great.

I paid 375.00 for the kx front end, witch included upper and lower triple clamps with stem, fork tubes, front wheel assembly with a near new tire, brake caliper with hose and master cylinder. I paid around 200.00 for springs and Delta Valves. I found the front end at a motor cycle salvage yard. I have herd that the kx 500 front end works good on the klx with out changing the valving or springs depending on your weight but when I did mine I could not find a kx 500 front end.