Sign in to follow this  

Help jetting 02 250f for hotter weather

Well here in the past month or so the weather here in ohio has been getting warmer. My bike ran fine this spring with the jetting I have but with the warmer weather I know and can feel that my bike needs to be rejetted.The bike no longer feels like it has any top end. Places where I could pull third gear easily, I now hit the rev limiter really quick. Currently I have the OCFH N needle on the third clip from the bottom(I tried moving it down but it only seemed to get worse. I also have the stock main jet(178). What sould I do to regain my lost power? Thanks in advance.

Warmer weather requires leaner jetting. Normally, a main jet change is all that's needed. How much hotter is it than when the bike ran well?

Thanks for the help guys the bike ran well around 60-75 degrees its now in the high 80s to mid 90s. I made a trip to the local bike shop yesterday and told them my problem too and the guy gave me a 180 mj. It seems to be running better but Im going to try what sunruh suggested and put the ELP needle back in. I will probably try the 175 mj too.

Sunruh I cant find my ELP needle in my toolbox but I do have an OBDV R needle. Would this work any better? If not then ill make another trip to the bike shop to get the another ELP needle.

kents_504,

The OBDVR will be much too lean-

Leaner taper: Dxx vs Exx

Leaner diameter: xxR vs xxP

The warmer weather needs leaner jetting, for both less dense air from temperature rise, and increased humidity that can displace the needed oxygen. The most common regions with these conditions are in the southern states, but summer can bring humid conditions elsewhere too.

James