Sign in to follow this  

Street tires for XR250L

Since 99% of my riding on my XR250L will be on-road, I would like to get some straight up street tires to repace the 80/20's that are on it now. My problem is that I don't know much about tires, and I have no idea what size street tires I would need. I know the diameters are 21" and 18", but what widths should I be looking at? The rear on it now is a 4.60, but what does that mean in terms of 110/120/130...?

Any ideas? What do people run for sportsman class supermoto?

Thanks!

Bart

I have a set of Sahara 3's with only 34 miles on them that I would let go. They are on my XR600 and should fit the 250 fine. They are a good onroad tire and still handle dirt rodes and such fine.

I have a set of Sahara 3's with only 34 miles on them that I would let go. They are on my XR600 and should fit the 250 fine. They are a good onroad tire and still handle dirt rodes and such fine.

Thanks, but I already have a set of dual-sport tires that are in fine condition. What I'm looking for is information on what size street tire would fit my bike. Can you tell me what size your Saharas are, and what your rim widths are?

Thanks,

Bart

Stock wheels....90/90F and 120/80R. I would consider these street tires. They are not really knobbies at all.

They are 90/90-21 and 120/80-18. I paid a little over $200 and would like to get $150. Only 34 miles, so the front looks like new and rear is 95%. Would be nice to sell the whole wheel,tire, sprocket, and rotors setup since I'm going to 17's and not lookinf forward to breaking down everthing to have new wheels laced up. Probably easier to start from scratch.