Sign in to follow this  

24hr H/S (DonO looking for a team)

http://perrymountain.com

This is what I was talking about doing. Don't know what category we could fit in since I'm probably the only one over +45 :D but hey I can hang with the younging's, right? 🙂

Don 🙂

Need to get planning a going!!!

Sounds like fun. I would be interested in something like this.

Just two ?'s.

1) Who's bike are we using since it has to be completed with one bike?

2) Who is our sponsor for the entry fee's?

That does look cool and I'm interested. I guess we'd have to ride 251cc-Open Sportsman.

I see you can have 2 bikes but you are ineligable for money if you use the spare bike.

So like 450trailrider says, who's bike are we gonna trash....er I mean use?

Dam Drew I actually remember that screaming machine, 0 - 60 in about 3 seconds.

As far as bikes, I would offer my old fart bike up (now whether you blue guys could handle it ????) or if we have two of the same kind (sort of use one for parts I guess). I will stop by Spaceport one day and try to find one of the riders and get some ideas.

As far as entry fee, well for now it would be us but I got a whole year to start sucking up to local shops and maybe even my company.

Planning, planning ......

Don 🙂

Well I raced the 24hr earlier this month. You need to talk to the guys as Spaceport and they can help you. Remember it is a 24hr race so you might want to stick to a tamer bike such as a wr 250 or xr. Something that is bulliet proof. We ran my 03 wr 250f and it ran great. I did learn that by doing two teams to re-think about it next year to do just one team and may-be an ironman ride. Also think about the lighting. I would recommend to get good lights. We ran baja design diablo on the wr and I wish I had some good helmet lights, but I did find out that I am not a night rider so I guess I might do the ironman on my 200 exc next year. Basically talk to some of the guys that have done this event before and get all the information you can. I would also suggest to start getting ready and order your lights early and not wait until the last minute or you will not be able to test the bike with the lights.

----------

MasterCraft

Setra 200-B

Thanks for the advice Mastercraft, I had not thought of the lights even though all the 24 hours reports in Dirt Bike and Dirt Rider say that is one of the biggest issues, it totally slipped my mind.

Thanks Mastercraft for the insight!!!!! Mucho appreciated.

I do plan to get more info from Spaceport guys also.

Don 🙂

http://www.suncoasttrailblazers.com/copperm....5&pos=0

This is a link to some helmet cam footage of the race from a guy who rode with FTR Suncoast Trail Blazers.

Pretty neat terrrain and I see people dropping there bikes including these guys 🙂 .

Don 🙂

Okay, I guess the link doesn't work outside of the FTR website so go there and under forums -> Riding opportunity's - > 24hr H/S DonO check it out there.

Ah, could this Nick be the banned Nick from TT :D or the Sasquatch of DP 🙂 ???

If so, where's my friggin' helmet cam to demo? Don't make me go out and "buy one"!! :D

Thanks for the link correction (btw, I copied it straight from the FTR forum page!).

Don 🙂

Not a computer geek!

Remember it is a 24hr race so you might want to stick to a tamer bike such as a wr 250 or xr. Something that is bulliet proof.

hhhmmmmm....I've got an xr4......hhhmmmm

Haha.. is this the Don that we caught making out with a pig? :D

All my stuff is sorta on hold.. taking classes and living in Tallahassee with my brother. 🙂

Much better trails here than back home. 🙂

Thanks Mark,

interesting, 2 bikes allowed per team!!!!

Don 🙂