Sign in to follow this  

Reeeeddddd Buuuudddd!!!!!!!!

I'm not going this year...🙂

I just got back to work and moneys tight. guess ill have to try again next year.

I'll be there Sat. & Sun. Got 3-5 guys coming up from OH for their first visit as well. I live 10 miles +/- from the track, so if anyone wants to get over here the night before, let me know. You can park in my back yard if you are self-contained. Gray water is OK, just not black!!

I have a water hose and a generator if you need water or juice. The house will be kinda full, but we'll find a spot on the floor or out in my motorhome if you want to come and avoid a hotel room. Just let me know so I can plan.

is that this weekend damn it.

well this sunday i and the wife and maybe her brother will be going to the little O probably early morning. we will be camping up north this weekend so get ahold of me if you want to meet up and ride being the wife is not on a fast quad 200sx honda even if she could hold it wide open it still wouldnt be all that fast, so dont plan on a fast ride hehe or plan on waiting more often and for awhile.

I'll be there with a few buddies. Where is the best place to watch? Should we drive in or walk in?

Chris

Wouldn't miss it for the wife, I mean world. I'll be sneaking in a couple air horns. I'll give a four horn THUMPERTALK salute at halftime, followed by some ground shaking fire works. As long as I'm not face down in a puddle of my own puke.

REDDDDDD BUDDDDDDDDD@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be there with a few buddies. Where is the best place to watch? Should we drive in or walk in?

Chris

Walk in from where? Everywhere is the best place to watch. We usually walk the track during the races, never staying in the same spot for more than a couple laps. Just make sure your at #5's leap for atleast half a 250 moto, preferably the end when RC's laying his zook flat for a few seconds.

REDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD BUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Im not so sure now that I am going to be there. I just had a talk with the checkbook and didn't like what it had to say. Bills suck 🙂

But I do have a few dollars showhorned away for a rainy day so maaaybe.... :D

REEEEEEEDDDDDDD BBBBUUUDDDDDDDDD 🙂:D:D

Thought this was funny: For the last week, a guy has been delivering some stuff to my work. A while back he told me he rides quite a bit, so we usually bs everyday he's in. Well, a few weeks ago he comes in and tells me he going to Red Bud. As soon as he tells me, I scream at him while he's a foot away REDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD BUDDDDDDDDDDDd, and he looks at my like im a freaking lunatic. I laugh it off without explanation... Anyway for the last 2 weeks, everytime he walks in the door, I yell REDDDDDDDDDDD BUDDDDDDDDDDDDd. I'm pretty much on the verge of getting a drug test, but no biggie, it's worth the look on this dudes face. He will soon know what I'm talking about, and I can not wait until Tuesday, when he walks in the door at work and screams REDDDDDDDDDDDD BUDDDDDDDDDDDDDdd, as he will officially be christened..

REDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD BUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDdd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@#!@#!@

i'll also be there with the GF. this is our first MX national, so i don't quite know what to expect and i've never been to Redbud before, period. perhaps i can run into a couple of you fellows while i'm out there.

i'm going to bring beverages in the hopes that i can consume them without hassle. dunno how this works.

Big Matt from Detroit

:DRRREEEEEDDDDDDD BBBBBUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDD :D

Red Red Red....Bud Bud Bud :D

BOOOYYAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

HOOOOOYAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! 🙂

K-dub has a new hoe :banana: .....and his name is Bubba..... Take that beeech :worthy::banana:

REEEDDDDDBBBBBBUUUUDDDDDDDD............ 😉

Red Bud.......Red Bud.......Red Bud.......REEEEDDDDDBUUUUUDDDD!!!!!! :D

And of course ol #4 :banana: put on a clinic. Showed everyone how it is done :D The man is a savage 🙂

😉RREEEEDDDDD BBBUUUUDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!! :D

the GF and i went, had a GREAT time, sucked down about 18 beers, and got roasty in the sun. that track is AMAZING. 30 bucks well spent. we sat all race at the top of #5's leap (name a jump for a guy, you'd think he's show up... select outdoor events my ass) and watched K.W. catch Bubba, then watched Bubba inside out that hairpin and shove Kevvy right off the high side of the berm. my throat hurts from screamin' at him to catch that punk and dammit, i almost seizured when he came up the hill ahead of Bubba. anyway, it was a spectacular time. did i mention that RC had like 13 seconds on the 2nd place finisher in that first moto? i mean, it was... i don't know how to put it. RC is just a sick little monkey on that machine. he's wicked.

yzman, i listened for a horn and looked for a thumper talk-lookin fellow, but i didn't see you. you weren't the balding guy with the mullet (skullet?) were you?

REEED BUUUUD

we sat all race at the top of #5's leap (name a jump for a guy, you'd think he's show up... select outdoor events my ass)

He thumped his mellon pretty good not so long ago from what I heard. He hasn't been on a bike or training for like a month. He is ok now but just didn't feel up to racing with no training or track time. But his kid Rider raced Saturday 🙂

did i mention that RC had like 13 seconds on the 2nd place finisher in that first moto? i mean, it was... i don't know how to put it. RC is just a sick little monkey on that machine. he's wicked.

And did you hear him say that the bike went south in the 1st moto and he had to conserve it to make it to the end. He was apologizing to the fans for not giving them a better race. BETTER RACE! He won by like 16 seconds. How much better does it get? 🙂

yzman, i listened for a horn and looked for a thumper talk-lookin fellow, but i didn't see you. you weren't the balding guy with the mullet (skullet?) were you?

REEED BUUUUD

Not I. I did manage to get over by the leap once. But the, um, roudy croud combined with the total lack of shade made the kid cranky so we continued onward.

What happened to Sterwart so KDub could catch him? We were just outside the main tunnel underneath that billboard when Windam went off the track. Windam had no line into that corner and tried to take Stewarts inside line. Stewart would have no part of that. It wasn't dirty, just some awsome racing! Windams team must have kick him the a$$ between motos as he was riding like a man on a mission that second moto.

What happened to Sterwart so KDub could catch him?

I think Windam just steped it up. I thought I heard the anouncers say that after he went down he was turnin faster laps than RC. But who really knows. All the action happened outta my view over by the leap. Bummer.

The gossip was that Bobbo laid over for Kdub. "not wanting to podium that way". Makes you wish that RC wasn"t there so we could see some racing. I was bummed when Reed ended up with a dead stick on the second lap. Man that infield smelled great.All in all a fun day at the races.

my view of the incident wasn't the greatest, because i was looking directly into the apex of that corner where it happened, but it _looked_ to me like KW out jumped Bubba up the hill, carried a bit too much speed into the corner and had to take an outside line. he was ahead of Bubba, he had the pass, but Bubba came inside and essentially smacked KW over the berm. i don't know if Bubba had room to run inside and charged into KW or if there was no way for KW to make that berm from that line and would have been too slow anyway, etc. but it did look shitty to me and KW's reaction after he fell wasn't to get back on his machine, but to first stand up and take two steps toward Bubba, then remember it was still a race and get back on. in any case, i heard from some people who listened to the live webcast that Bubba said he let KW get by? oh my... that sort of talk isn't going to engender any sort of love for Bubba, that's for sure. in my experience, if you've acted poorly toward someone and then need to 'make it up' to them, you don't mention it in public afterward. it would have been much more magnanimous for him to have said, 'well, after we collided he had a head of steam...' and leave it at that.

for the record-- ONE 125 2-stroke in the 125 class, and FOUR 250 2-strokes in the 250 class? are you kidding me? the fellow who raced the 2-stroke in the 125 class was very good. looked a little young, but he had great skills and could really fly. but his bike was nowhere... #123 he was. wish i knew his name. even the photogs were putting their cameras down after the leaders until he came around. then they were all snapping him. but aside from Bubba's 250, the two other Kawa 250's were nowhere and the fellow on the lonely 250 yami was bring up the back, too.

anyone care to deliver the eulogy for the 2-stroke in racing?