Sign in to follow this  

100+ miles on a gp track

Did a TT ride on saturday, put over 100 miles on the bike at a mostly fast pace with just a couple of breaks including an hour for dinner. The bike did great the entire time. I'm now convinced that there are only a couple of more modifications I need to do. Getting more power won't be one of them, the bike has plenty as it is. I was concerned about the fuel supply since I'm still with the stock tank but according to my calculations I can still go 75 or so miles on a tank, and that is with the rpm's at the upper levels.

The best thing about the increased power is that I now rarely ever hit the limiter whereas before I'd be bouncing off it regularly.

The rekluse is working great now as well, it just needed a little help containing the increased power/torque. It is so nice not having to worry about stalling out the bike when caught in the wrong gear, or getting hung up on a log :D.

The only thing that could have made the day better was to see another drz/klx there, if for nothing else than just the hope that they'd be friendlier than the red/orange/blue riders there. I figured a TT ride would be a great way to meet new people,,,,,,,WRONG! As a friend who went to the last event, and didn't go to this one said, "if you didn't know them before, you wouldn't know them after the event" 🙂 I only had one offer to ride along and that was for a night ride after I had already packed it in for the day and was getting ready to go to bed so I had to reluctently decline the offer. I'm not sure but for a Thumpertalk ride the 4 strokes may have been outnumbered by the smokers 🙂 And to think there was a question as to whether quads should be allowed to ride or not.

Starvation Ridge is just out of goldendale washington. It is run by the same guys that run the eddieville track, in fact it is just up the road a ways from eddieville.

I don't personally have anything against two smokes, I have one in my boat and another off the back of another boat. And to be honest they were no more stuck up then the four strokes there. I just found it interesting that for a TT event, we had the track to ourselves, that there would be so many of them.

Sounds strange to me... Sort of like the twilight zone... go to a thumper ride and find smokers... go to meet new people and tell campfire stories only to sit alone while everone else snickers behind ya...

Well, at least your DRZ was there to keep ya company 🙂

That sucks no one was very friendly 🙂 My luck down here has been good, I have met people that I would like to ride with as long as I can ride, and so far not one jerk.

On a side note my last 3 rides were over 150 miles each! And my drz didn't miss a beat. Thumped right along. I got tossed and now think my ribs are cracked or real brusied

🙂:D After the spill I picked up the bike scratched and flooded but it started right up so we kept riding :D